Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dr Who.... Is it me or is it getting scarier?
marshlander Wrote:"The Doctor's Wife" was utterly brilliant! Neil Gaiman and Doctor Who, two of my favourite pleasures, brought together in one package, I could not have asked for more. Confusedmile:

Unfortunately there was more and Neil Gaimam had to rewrite is script several times to fit around other overbudget episodes and production issues. For example the Ood was meant to be something else but the production team didn't have the budget and he was told to write something that used an existing prop.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

colinmackay Wrote:Unfortunately there was more and Neil Gaimam had to rewrite is script several times to fit around other overbudget episodes and production issues. For example the Ood was meant to be something else but the production team didn't have the budget and he was told to write something that used an existing prop.
Ah that explains the Ood then Wink But in the old days we had every episode in an existing quarry and existing wobbly scenery, so I can cope. I'm more annoyed that they interrupted the series halfway through, presumably for more important stuff like snooker, racing or some sporting nonsense :mad:

This whole idea of a "mid-season hiatus" drives me crazy! Doesn't a hiatus need surgery anyway?

I once attended a Dr Who convention at Manchester Town Hall as a Steward and found some of the fans far scarier than anything the fettid imagination of the script writers could ever produce!

Seems the series is getting shorter than which it usualy is.

marshlander Wrote:Ah that explains the Ood then Wink But in the old days we had every episode in an existing quarry and existing wobbly scenery, so I can cope. I'm more annoyed that they interrupted the series halfway through, presumably for more important stuff like snooker, racing or some sporting nonsense :mad:

That's more production issues... apparently they didn't actually finish in time to show the entire series in one go so a midseason cliff hanger was put in to keep the interest until all the post production was finished, etc.

They also say that as a result the DVD release for Christmas will miss the peak buying it (if available at all this side of Christmas) so BBC Worldwide (the commercial arm) are furious as it is currently the most profitable product.

The whole thing is a complete mess. Some very talented people have left the team due to management issues (left for lower paying jobs too, if that's an indication of how bad things got) and Stephen Moffat is trying to keep the whole thing together while everything is falling apart around him.

Hopefully this year's issues don't damage the show too much. I'm looking forward to a nice big celebration in 2 years time when Doctor Who is 50 years old!!!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Good doctor who should be more scarer in my opinion lol!!!

I used to get really scared watching it when I was younger lol!!

[Image: u_mad_doctor_by_jelloelephant-d3er6lv.jpg]

I love this season. It is the best one yet.

I don't really like the second half of the season. Since they changed the writer, the story seems a bit,.... hmm it doesn't fit right. And it's missing a lot of the greatness of story from the first half.