Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drag behavior.
So here's the thing

Personally, I detest drag behavior. To me, it epitomizes everything that I despise about being same-sexed. I am 100% in-tolerant of this, have always been, and always will be.

But my personal opinion is not the point, I only put it out there to as a starting point to the discussion.

The discussion being: -
Why do so many gay guys find it so necessary to emulate woman that they will willfully make a public spectacle of themselves, and de-facto everybody else who is same-sexed?

Personally, I'm not intolerant of it by any means. I don't get it.. plus, I'd make one ugly looking chick (and have no interest in being/pretending to be female), but to each their own.

I'm not sure why it bothers you so much? If someone wants to be spectacle, that's their choice.

trialbyerror Wrote:Why do so many gay guys find it so necessary to emulate woman that they will willfully make a public spectacle of themselves, and de-facto everybody else who is same-sexed?

So many? Seems like just a few to me. Especially if you consider many who girl themselves up aren't even gay or bisexual!

However, feel free to make a poll here to see how many men here emulate a woman and make public spectacles out of themselves. :p

Why do so many women make a spectical of themselves fawning over gay guys?

Why do straight guys have to act so macho when playing sports?

Why?

Because they choose to live their lives by their standards,
and could give two shits about what others think about them...
something that's a rare commodity in today's society.

Anyone who possesses such a quality deserves my respect.

Some do it for fun, and others as a means of making money, nothing more.

Who cares?

I don't see why that threatens your "masculinity",
or place in society in any way.

Live and let live.

Who are you to judge?

Most people today are mindless sheep,
just following the crowd to fit in.
That's what I detest!

“We're born naked, and the rest is drag.” -Rupaul

Llkiss2

trialbyerror Wrote:... I am 100% in-tolerant of this, have always been, and always will be ...
i dont think you are totally intolerant and good for you to discuss it here.

Gay Men who dress in Drag or make up or are even just feminine, are not trying to Emulate women or their behaviors, they are just being who they are.

Besides, why is it so bad? You wouldn't think this way if someone were to say "Why do Men "emulate" the Hulk" or something along those lines.

Society has way too much say in Gender Roles/ Expectations, but I say fuck it and live your life how you want, cause you only have this one life so far as I know.

Go ahead Hunni, rock them heels and that Weave Wink .

Any drag queen is more man than your self-loathing ass.

If anything, I see drag as a nice middle finger(of the rebellious, rather than offensive kind) to gender roles, more than trying to emulate the other sex.

It seems like it's normally done for fun, and more power too them for it; seems quite a brave thing to do, considering how looked down upon it still is.
And I always like seeing people enjoying a bit of harmless fun.

OrphanPip Wrote:Any drag queen is more man than your self-loathing ass.

Self loathing ?????

Because I don't condone drag behaviour, I hate myself?
That's a giant leap of the imagination

Sorry, thats to big a stretch for me to follow, and boy, do I have an imagination :biggrin:

Naaaaaa don't think that's it...

I actually do have my reasons, which I have already discussed so that's a bit irrelavent here