Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dreaming of heaven
I've never had the same dream twice before. Apparently that's not so for this one.

The first time I had this dream, I was barely a teen. I dreamt I was standing in a floating citadel, high up in the sky. The roads and streets were made of gold brick, with marble of different colors. They were inlaid with designs, colorful depictions, of what, I can only imagine. There were also seven fountains which surrounded the city, each made of silver and gold. Mounting each one were angels and cherubs, blowing trumpets or playing harps. Each instrument that the figures played was inlaid with semi precious stones. The water there was so clean and pure. Maybe I had some, maybe I didn't, I don't remember. The buildings, i notice, were made of different colored marble, some inlaid with silver, some gold. Some had both. These too had semiprecious stones, laid out like a beautiful rainbow. In the center of this city, however, was the tallest building of them all. It was a white castle, with tall, majestic towers. It was covered, inlaid, with millions upon millions of crystalline diamonds. The sun, when shining it's light upon it, caused it to shine in such a marvelous and dazzling array of such bright, vivid colors. No matter how bright it was, though it hurt my eyes to do so, it was a sight in which I didn't want to take my eyes off of. I remember that place well. For some weird reason, it feels as though I've been there before, in some other time.

The second time I dreamt of this place, I was no longer in the city, but on the ground, looking up at it. I don't even know if I was on earth, it felt as if I was in some other world. It was twilight. The clouds were obscuring most of the city, all I could see were its towers, shining bright in the sun. As I looked around, I notice a few broken trees. It looked as If I were in a park of sorts. There was a fountain in front of me, small and dilapidated, with bits and pieces of stone scattered everywhere. I could see there was still water in it, clear, unmoving. I also noticed a statue as the centerpiece. Of what it was exactly I cannot tell you, but it was still standing. A few large chunks of stone were broken off of it, and there were a few cracks here and there. From where I was standing, it looked is if it were supporting the city itself.

When I looked around some more, I see a girl. She had black eyes, milky skin, and long, wavy hair that was as black As a ravens feathers. She was wearing a black gown as well. The first thing I saw before anything else, though, were her wings. They were black as her hair, and stunningly beautiful.

She said something to me that day. The only thing that bothers me more than anything though, was that I fail to remember what was said. She gave me a cup, which had a picture and some words written on it. She also gave me a ring, with an inscription on it. I don't know if it was three letters, words, or even five or seven words. I don't remember. I wish I could.

Was this heaven I dreamed of? I don't know for sure. I've been thinking that maybe my subconscious is trying to tell me something, maybe an angel or god is trying to tell me something through my dreams. This is what I believe so far. I know for a fact that there is a god, somewhere out there. And I know for a fact that maybe, just maybe, there is an afterlife, maybe something according to what this dream of mine is, maybe something more.

It's hard believing though, with how crazy this world is. And its getting worse by the day. War, bloodshed, famine, desiese. And none of us live forever. If there is a god, why can't he stop all this? Why must the good suffer while the bad go unpunished? Things like this make me question.

What do you believe? What are your hopes, your dreams for the future?

After all, none of us live forever.

What ever that dream was about my friend it was a wonderfull story that you tell other people about. You have a wonder with words, I think you are a great story teller.

My dreams always tend to be about the word as we know it ending, scary I know what the stuff I have been through no wonder my dreams are like that.

I'm a dreamer, so I dream everynight sometimes more than once Tongue If my dreams are telling me something, they have a lot to say on a whole range of topics.

EDIT: Your dream sounded awesome, thanks for shareing Smile

it sounds like an L.S.D trip lol.
i want whatever you have for supper xD

Try looking at the meaning of dreams on google.
certain scenarios mean things about your mind set at the time.
dreams are the bodies sub-concious and the feelings you dont let out in everyday life tend to come into effect while you sleep.

By the way... how do you remember so much detail in your dream?

And Did you know.... scientist claim we dream in black and white and add colours in our imagination later on lol. (i found that hilarious)

i love your DREAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
thats really cool i dont know if i really believe in god cause my thoughts arent there with him honestly i dont think i believe in anything but you on the other hand i definitely believe that you believe in god
i love to DREAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

thanks for sharing that with usSmile

Jamiebfd, idk exactly where to get l.s.d or whatever it's called lols.

I honestly don't know how I remember most of what happened, but whatever was said I cannot remember. I wish I did remember, that's what's botherin me.

And sweetlad2010, thanks for the compliment. When inspiration strikes, I just have to write what's in my head down, otherwise I'll forget it. And storytelling is especially easy when I dream.

Again, I have no idea how I remember so much of what I saw. But I can say this, the feeling I had, it felt like I was somewhere that was once home. Like it's waiting for me to come back

Sounds crazy I know, but true lols

Hurray for vivid dreams. In the past year I've had dreams more vivid and greater in number than I've had since I was in diapers; not sure why, but I don't mind - for at least ten years I missed having dreams that at least have some slight resemblance or point of reference to something explicable in experience or perception. For a while I've thought of dreams as intense, necessary, bodily-induced trips. I like to toy with the idea that if we couldn't dream, we'd be overwhelmed and burned out by all the sensory activity going on around us, as if dreams are a sort of free range for our minds to run wild playing with all the content of waking life and then to filter and file it away in our subconscious to play with later. That said, it seems like a good thing when people forget - or rather are unable to recall consciously - much of the content of their dream "trips" very long after waking; if you had to walk around in the waking world with ALL the feelings/memories/images/sensations/thought patterns that you experience in dreams - where there isn't the usual comfort blanket of things like logic or reality - doesn't it seem like you'd go totally batshit trying to reconcile all that to the waking world? But all this is just a bunch of speculative question marks.

The surrealist artist Salvador Dalí used use his dreams for influenced some of his work.

Strange fella though lol...

well heres the thing, some of my poems is done either from dreams i've had, like that one poem i wrote after having two nightmares in one night lols, and some others is from music or on how i feel.

but yeah, if i could draw any, i would post a drawing of what i saw. it's actually one of the things that has influenced one of my stories

Whoa. So..VIVID.! Dreams like this one are usually hard to forgetm they feel so much like they were real. I've had only one or two like that in my life, I think both were sort of nightmares.

Maybe this is what your heaven is going to be like...OR it could have candy mountains and gigantic towers with apes.
I think that God leaves it to us to see that it's our fault, everything that's happening. That's why he doesn't interfere. Or maybe he does, you never know, it could always be much, much worse. I'm just waiting for the day that He will give up on us and then we'll see what evil. I'll laugh so hard when that comes.
But for people like you, people who biele avd care...there will always be good only, I think. I mean, at times it could seem just terrible, but at the end... :]