Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dreamscapes?
I wanted to make this thread to see if a certain aspect of my dreaming is shared by anyone else.

Many times, when I dream about my city, over my entire life, I have always revisited the same dreamscape of Montreal. That is; something that is created in one dream, is still present and visit-able in other dreams unrelated to the first.

Some examples: (If you have no idea what im talking about, but are curious, check out a map of Montreal)

- The Mercier Bridge is a multilevel span, with a harbour to the east of it, along the canal.
- On the Island side of the span, Lasalle is a hilly area with run down, ruined buildings (where I once met a dream guy for some fun while still closeted Smile )

- Saint Constant, on the south shore, is a larger city, with an area of high-rise apartments and great parks, but one area, behind a library is a series of alleyways, filled with filth, and an insane, cannabalistic zealot who captures and eats people who try to pass through (he's caught me before)

- Further along, heading Brossard and Longueuil, there is a freeway that has a lot of rising parts, and steep decents, with a long promenade along the river. This is a beautiful area, and I tend to go here whenever I enter a lucid dream state in one of these dreams.
- there is a wonderous indoor mall complex in this part, with so many interconnected shops that I've spent seemingly hours wandering the halls. One stretch of the complex is a curving hallway, with restaurant kiosks, but they are full restaurants, just open to the hallway. Another memorable feature is a multilevel Sear store (3 floors), and an arcade that becomes a space museum behind the arcade machines.
- the Champlain Bridge is much larger, but the south shore side of the span has been under construction forever, with huge road segments suspended form cranes waiting to finish construction. The water below the bridge is scummy, and the only part along the river people avoid.
- St Helen's Island is home to a large construction, but is very dangerous because dark things haunt it.
- there is also a floating pyramid/eiffel tower sturcture covered in glass just off the shore

- Montreal itself is much denser then in real life. Very orderly, and the center of commerce is still St Catherine Street. If you go up from St Catherines to Maisonneuve, around where place des arts is, there is a large greenspace. In the center is a small building, which opens into an underground university.
- the subway system is much more complex, with stations to every conceivable part of Montreal and its surroundings. Its used by everyone, but is dangerously haunted by vampires if you aren't careful
- Mont Royale is an actual mountain, with three peaks surrounding a wooded valley, with no human construction.
- there is also a large skyscraper, which is the heart of Montreal. This place has been under construction forever, and has elevators that are seriously hazardous to use. Sometimes they work fine. other times, they fall apart as the ascend, until they plummet back down.
- The industrial park of Montreal is also a slum of sorts. Safe during the day, but dangerous at night.
- From the north side of montreal, looking northward, there is a huge tree, reminiscent of the Lifa tree in FF9, but I've never been there.

- Laval is an area that is very orderly, with buildings that don't rise higher then three floors. There is a church here that holds a dark secret in the crypts: A gate to some hell dimension where creatures inside try to convince others to open the gate and let them out
- there is also an vehicle overpass here, beside which is a rickety old rope bridge, which beckons as the more logical span to use to cross.

All these places, I've been to in hundreds of disconnected dreams. Some of which, I enter into a lucid state, and decide to abandon whatever is happening and visit my favorite places and people. Sometimes, the areas seem dead when i get there, like my mind wasnt ready to populate it with events, since I was focused on another place. Other times, I've met with nameless characters who greet me warmly.

Once, montreal was the setting for a zombie apocalypse dream, where the subways were held by living people, and we would leave the tunnels to kill zombies in an effort to retake the city.
Other times, there was a terrible something happening to the city, and I was taking refuge in the Heart of the city skyscraper, trying to solve the the problem. Another time, I was enrolled in the university, but never seemed to have any classes.

Anyways...

Tl;Dr - I seem to have created a dreamscape version of Montreal and its surroundings, and was wondering if anyone else has a similar dreamscape that they would like to share, with as much or as little detail as they can recall Smile

I do something like this and a lot of other mad things in my crazy dreams...

Actually I've made a dreamscape of Montreal too, though I only remember it in one or two dreams.

It's certainly not what the real Montreal looks like I'm sure... I've never even been there.

Anyway, it was a city that could never be day, but it was stuck in a sort of eternal 10PM.

I remember a residential street that sloped rather strangely, in a mild valley shape (actually most of the imagery is based off of auckland. It just appeared as Montreal in my dream). The streetlights were a very warm bronze colour and very consistent, and there were bushes and no people.

There was a street sign that pointed to 'Montreal' which was in a distance that in my dream was supposed to be a relatively long drive away, yet I could see it as if it were 5 minutes away. It was just a small parcel of high rise buildings, about 30 storeys tall, and they were all very metallic looking, and there was a sense of something big about them, set against the 10PM sky. Everything seemed to be tinged blue.

That's all I remember about my Montreal dream.

I'm not sure if that's actually a dreamscape lol. I just saw montreal.

I have had dreamscapes forming before. In fact, I think in a way, all my dreams about cities have been the same city with different names.

They were, now that i think about it, all permutations of the same made up city in my head that comes from an amalgamation of Hong Kong, Shanghai, and Auckland, the three cities I know best. Even the Montreal I dreamt was just the suburbs of Auckland mixed up with some of the tall buildings of shanghai.

I often dream I'm flying over the ocean. Either over a sand bank or by sea cliffs. It's always night time and the moon is full in my these dreams.
Tho usually thos dreams occur cos I controle them

Never been to Montreal… in any capacity.

Though some of my dreamscapes are the same, its hard to explain… there mysterious.

Sounds to me like part of your brain has an auto que that links to Montreal once it gets to dream state. Sometimes that happens to me, but mine relates to an unreal image, similar to one experienced on one of those walk in shuttle rides you get at fairs. I am on a train, a rickity old thing, perhaps more like the ones used for mining. I trundle through a long and bumpy cave and as the train picks up speed it hurls out into what I can only describe as somewhere between space and earth. But the scenery is magical with tall thin mountains climbing way above me and strange birds and creatures flying through the sky, which is daylight. Strangely, the train seems to know where it is heading, like running on invisible tracks as we climb and swoop through what appears to me amazing yet weird alien territory. The worst bit is when the train heads for a hole in the side of a mountain, scary enough to jerk me awake sometimes, because it's never lined up properly and is going at such a speed a crash seems inevitable. Usually, a blue beam comes out from the mountain, as if to pull the train into line as it enters the gap. What is odd that the dream is never exactly the same but follows the same thread. Only occasionally do I stay asleep to experience the rest, which is a long bumpy ride with back aching twists and turns heading downwards through a tunnel of rocks and weirdness, almost to a sense of dropping like a stone. I don't believe in god, but this might be a taste of what heaven is like before one gets taken to the depths of hell. Or maybe, it just mirrors the ups and downs of life, suggesting that sometimes once we are caught up in something exciting, we can't help ourselves. I guess I dream a lot, but seldom can I remember them. This one happens occasionally, sometimes so intense it haunts me for days. Argh!

mine based in a small unusual town i have never been to. the buildings design and the lay out of the town seem unrelated to any country or culture. i nearly feel its on another world as the sky is diffrent the stars are the same but different positions. i seem to have dreams related to people in black cloakes with there faces covered with a hod and powerful weapons. they apear in a multitude of events and every time im about to see a face i wake up.

My urban dreams tend to mix, that is large towns to cities are all mixed up together in the same place. That's less common with rural regions.

I frequently dream of wooded hills which I think are roughly the hills I grew up with in rural Texas. Lakes are MUCH bigger but may be because I got to know them when I was very little...one aunt threw me out into a huge one when I was 4 and then took a smoke break so I'd stop crying and "figure out" how to swim (she did put a life preserver on me first) and that lake was HUGE to me then which is probably why to this day that lake remains intensely huge in my dreams.

OTOH, even in urban dreams bridges tend to be impossibly long over a huge body of water.

Many dream elements and features feel like "me" but others feel as if they're "shared" or even "for someone else." That is it was some kind of accident that I ever stumbled across them, like drifting off course in the psychic ocean during sleep and winding up in someone else's dream, and perhaps one or more people have an especially weird dream because I wandered into it just as much as my dreams become odd to me while I'm "lost." And I did share a dream before (there were minor differences but we recalled our conversation together in it).

Share the drugs.

MisterTinkles Wrote:Share the drugs.

Drugs? These aren't drug induced for me lol.

The dreamscape I described is why I learned how the go into a lucid dreams state though :p

Now, it happens on its own alot lol. Last night, I dreamt I was in africa learning to be friends with lions Big Grin

Ended with me curled up with a lion, who had playfully chomped down on my arm and was sleeping beside me. Teeth didnt break the skin :p

I was in kitty loving heaven lol.