Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eaaaaarthquaaaaaake
princealbertofb Wrote:What an interesting experience post, Frank... One of the other reasons why this forum is interesting, wouldn't you say? You've probably been
q a e
;;u k d

more than any other poster on this forum

Haha!!

Oh and they keep changing the epicenter lol! Well they did last night! That's the problem with 'breaking news' stories! hah. But it was somewhere neeeeeear Hull lol.

princealbertofb Wrote:Near Hull (northern west coast),

East Coast Wink

My grandmother, around 1am in the morning 'ANTHONY GET UNDER THE DOOR FRAMEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'.

Last night was bad for me - it wouldn't have even woke me.. it wasn't half as bad up here then what it was down in London - not even enough to wake me. So, at around 11pm, I got a phone call from a friend about mock exams, around 12 a phone call from another asking how I was, then my grandmother and I got a text at 4am from my Friend in Germany like 'OMG I HEARD THERE WAS AN EARTHQUAKE! OMGG! ANTHONY ARE YOU OKAY?!?!?' haha =[

the latest earthquake i've experienced was back home in my room; i was sitting in front of the computer when the room started to shake a bit. at first i thought i'd imagined it but it kept going. it was quite strong methinks.

anyway, my reason was telling me to run and stand under a beam, and i was even visualizing myself doing that, but my body didn't react. i was frozen on my chair, waiting endlessly, and ONE thought went through my head: "i'm going to die and the song playing in the background, on my computer, ISN'T r.e.m.!!!" :confused::confused::confused::biggrin:

nice to know i'm prepared for any emergency :eek:

Epicentre was apparently near Market Rasen, about 50 or 60 miles away. It was pretty dramatic without being scary. The last time I felt the earth move like that was ... oh, er :redface:

marshlander Wrote:Epicentre was apparently near Market Rasen, about 50 or 60 miles away. It was pretty dramatic without being scary. The last time I felt the earth move like that was ... oh, er :redface:

lol.. that is soooo Original! /sarcasm :biggrin:

bless... I've heard that joke at least 4 times from different people today!

wouldlikemuscle Wrote:lol.. that is soooo Original! /sarcasm :biggrin:

bless... I've heard that joke at least 4 times from different people today!

It's a bit like people at the bowling alley saying "oh, his shoes need a bigger spray than that Wink" We don't even comment anymore, we just smile and nod and walk away....

wouldlikemuscle Wrote:East Coast Wink

You're right. I was picturing it on the map in my head and I don't know why I said west, silly moi!!! Of course I know where Hull is. :frown: :mad:

Glad no one was hurt.

My nicest quaking was when this Australian scientist predicted THE next big Tokyo earthquake. Luckily he predicted it for a Sunday. Glass is always a major worry so we closed the blinds, pulled the blankets over our heads and stayed under cover for about five hours. After we did everything we could think of under the covers we decided to come out and see if the rest of the world still existed.

Before I met my BF and had just moved to Tokyo I was living in a traditional Japanese student hotel. All wooden with very little foundation. I brought a guy to this tiny place. We thought we were being very discreet and thought no one would notice what we were up to. He left early morn and when I came down for breakfast everyone started giggling. Seemed that we had started the earthquake alarm going in the building. The gas heaters had shut down for safety precautions so everyone froze. It was pretty funny and fun.

Smurlos Wrote:It's a bit like people at the bowling alley saying "oh, his shoes need a bigger spray than that Wink" We don't even comment anymore, we just smile and nod and walk away....

I always think they never get a long enough spray.. it's like eww... other people are gonna be puttin their feet in them!! Of course, I don't think about that when I'm puttin on the bowling shoes I get given... odd! lol