Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eat the Placenta
ok, seems a bit weird to me, but the gods know i have my own idiosyncrisies.
i wonder if pepper sauce would liven it up a bit....or ranch dressing?

Butter

No way.......

I would not, for the same reason I wont feed my chickens table scraps from meals involving chicken. Prions will not be killed off by the heat of cooking.
Also, humans eat all sorts of different animals and plants. This means that we accumulate [relatively] large quantities of toxins in our flesh, much like certain predator species of fish in our oceans.
Plus, you know, the mental block of eating human tissue . . .

fenris Wrote:Thank Goddess I´m vegetarian .... so I don´t have to think about it.... but it´s very scary.
I have already denied breastmilk....Even as a child I preferred milk from the carton... Clean fresh..and without any skin contact....

Hahaha, you remind me of my next-door neighbors =]
I raise chickens in the backyard, and give excess eggs to the neighbors to keep them happy with the extra noise and whatnot. The people who live directly nextdoor, however, wont accept the eggs, as they can't imagine consuming eggs that came directly from chickens, and not through a factory to be processed. Chicken

Not even think about it!

Talby Wrote:The people who live directly nextdoor, however, wont accept the eggs, as they can't imagine consuming eggs that came directly from chickens, and not through a factory to be processed. Chicken

As someone who spend years of my childhood on a farm (which sold eggs, btw, one of my chores was to help collect them for that, that is what we didn't keep for ourselves) I find that amazing. To me it's factory farms that horrify & disgust me (and always make me think of the vampire Master on Buffy as he says, "Hunt and kill, hunt and kill. Titillating? Yes. Practical? Hardly. Meanwhile, the humans, with their plebeian minds, have brought us a truly demonic concept. Mass production!"). For that matter, I'm not sure I trust the detergents that factory farms do (sometimes) use on eggs, either.

That aside, maybe my growing up on a farm has conditioned me to accept a lot of things others can't. For example, I have vivid memories of a cat as she ate the placenta around her kittens so the concept just doesn't seem that strange (and thus my powerful curiosity doesn't find it hard to get me to imagine doing it). That's not to say I'd do anything animals do but this does show me it's harmless (and probably healthy), and perhaps was very normal for our species before civilization, and if others are partaking then yes, I'd try at least a bite because I'd always wonder otherwise.

I'm sorry but nutrients or not the idea of eating that makes me want to puke.. haha.