Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elton John is too old for adopting baby says Ukraine minister
[img2=left]http://www.gayspeak.com/forum/images/news/eltonandbaby.jpg[/img2]A Ukrainian minister said today that gay pop star Elton John will not be allowed to adopt a child from the country because he is not married and is too old.

The star visited an orphanage last week and said the experience had changed his mind about adopting. He added that one little boy, whose parents had died of AIDS, had "stolen my heart".

Although Sir Elton and his partner David Furnish are in a civil partnership, Ukraine does not recognise this as marriage.

In addition, family, youth and sports minister Yuriy Pavlenko told Associated Press that at 62, the star is too old as there cannot be more than a 45-year age gap between a child and an adoptive parent.

Sir Elton and Furnish have already come under fire from various adoption charities.

Save the Children UK said that international adopting can set a dangerous precedent in encouraging poor parents to give up their children in the hope of a better life for them.

In July, Ukraine hit the gay press for banning the film Bruno, which features a gay journalist.

The country's culture ministry said that the film included an "artistically unjustified exhibition of sexual organs and sexual relations, homosexual acts in a blatantly graphic form, obscene language, sadism [and] anti-social behaviour which could damage the moral upbringing of our citizens."
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

I hate to be the guy that says it, but they're right he is too old. He'll be gone within ten years and then the kid will have to go to another family and have to go through that, just isn't fair for the kid.

I know what you mean but if I had a chance of living a privileged life with financial security, great education and opportunities compared to one with depravity and gloom - I know which one I'd choose! That kid is gonna be so pissed growing up thinking of what a wonderful life he could have had if it hadn't been for the politics and homophobia in Ukraine!

David Furnish is 46 (18 years his juniour) so should still be around after Elton! Wink

ardus Wrote:I hate to be the guy that says it, but they're right he is too old. He'll be gone within ten years and then the kid will have to go to another family and have to go through that, just isn't fair for the kid.
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.