Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Embarrassed to be human (warning-sad story)
When I read stuff like this, I not only want to go on a murderous rampage and shred these worthless pieces of human sewage to fertilizer.....it makes me embarrassed and ashamed to connected to the human race on this planet!!!

Joseph The Dog Was Chained To A Tree For 4 Years

[Image: n-JOSEPH-THE-DOG-large570.jpg?6]

Joseph the German Shepherd was clinging to life when authorities rescued him. He was emaciated and dehydrated, his skin was covered with infection, and he had heart worms. Police say his owner left him chained to a tree for four straight years.

The poor pooch -- whose name was changed from Toby by the folks at Progressive Animal Welfare Society (PAWS) in Ohio -- is getting better. He's currently undergoing veterinary rehabilitation.

Joseph's former owner, Jeremy Shane Temple, faces animal cruelty charges.

"It's just hard, really, seeing a dog that skinny," Kassie Jadin, the facilities manager at PAWS, told HuffPost Crime. "It's just so pathetic all around. There aren't enough words to explain how sad it is."

Officers told WCPO that they found the 5-to-7-year-old dog chained to a backyard tree in Middletown with no more than a few scraps of food and little water. Jadin says he was covered in fleas and painful bites.

Temple reportedly told suspicious neighbors that Joseph had a disease that made him appear to be emaciated. When an arresting officer asked Temple about Joseph's condition, he allegedly said, "The dog is not a human."

Temple was fined and released, but he's expected back in court on Oct. 14 for more hearings on animal abuse charges. City prosecutors didn't return calls for comment by press time.

Meanwhile, you can help Joseph make a full recovery, and even apply to adopt him. Visit the PAWS Adoption Center's donations page to help with Joseph's veterinary costs, check out their adoption page, or follow Joseph's status on Facebook by clicking here.

Jadin said he is expected to make a full recovery. He's a nice dog, and "he's really enjoying the attention," she said.

[Image: o-JOSEPH-ONE-570.jpg?2]
[Image: o-JOSEPH-THREE-570.jpg?1]

I'm so opposed to humanity I got my species changed. Though I am embarassed to admit I am only half elf....

This is just absolutely sick - I don't get people who could do this to anyone or any critter.

Again I see many humans but little in the way of humanity.

I dont understand WHY these pieces of filth would even bother to go get a "pet" in the first place??!!!!

Wouldn't that interfere with their monster truck rally on tv, drinking beer, and finding a relative to screw?

It's shit....

Total bullshit how people treat animals....

My dog is my child essentially....
my best friend...
she's never judged me.... hurt me..
or criticized me
for all the bad decisions I've made in life
to the benefit of others
of whom make it their duty to destroy people.

She's always been there in my time of need...
emotionally and spiritually...

I can't see how anyone could treat a dog with such contempt...
it's revolting, and whoever does such things
deserves every possible form of torture and pain in existence....

My guess is people get like a puppy and think how cute but as the puppy grows up they get bored and find it's too much responsibility and so things like this happen, probably because they're too cheap to pay the pound to take them (or even too lazy to transport the dog there).

And I saw a drastic personality change in a woman that scared me (because of the idea of something like that happening to me). A guy who wasn't either charming or desirable in any way that I could tell made a woman abandon everything she believed in, even rejected her friends (including me) inventing any insane rationalization to do it with (I considered her a different person and who she used to be "dead" and she's like some pod person). Anything to please her insufferable, entitled man. And though she was a MAJOR dog lover for decades and had a new dog for years her man said the dog shed too much and gave her a month to "get rid of it." And that including having put down if necessary. Luckily she found another home for the dog before taking to the pound but she was ready to go through with it and have her own dog killed! Scared

Btw, the above is pure speculation and observation, I don't really understand how people treat animals that way. I do know that I treat most animals, even wild ones (as long as they don't trespass or otherwise pose a threat to me and mine), with more compassion than many treat their own kin (and sometimes even friends). And I'm not some worshiper of the beasties, either.

It seems if there's one thing that upsets people more than human suffering, it seems to be domesticated animals suffering.
I always found that odd.

Genersis Wrote:It seems if there's one thing that upsets people more than human suffering, it seems to be domesticated animals suffering.
I always found that odd.

I've noticed that, too, and my guess is that animals aren't considered competition, but people are. As humans have the potential to compete and even threaten us the tribal circuits activate and drown out empathy. An extreme example is I've met people who believe sending food to third world countries is wrong because they'll just grow up to kill each other anyway, and maybe even attack America (including 9/11 like attacks). (When animals prove a competitor then they lose sympathy, too, which is why you'll see farmers who have to deal with wolves have a very different attitude than city folk who only see wolves in movies and on shirts. Granted, sympathy for animals also quickly evaporates when you can make a lot of money selling their meat, too, or for when you're literally starving.)

However, another reason is that animals seem more helpless and therefore abusing them seems cowardly and reprehensible similar to abusing children and the elderly who can't effectively defend themselves (or even rescue themselves anymore than that dog could if forced to live with such abuse and/or neglect).

Genersis Wrote:It seems if there's one thing that upsets people more than human suffering, it seems to be domesticated animals suffering.
I always found that odd.

Thats because humans are the really dangerous "animals". We can take care of ourselves. We also invent weapons, chemicals, and other things that make the living into the dead.

Animals do not have that capability. Animals also do not have the concept of destruction and death for fun and profit, as humans do.

Humans are also taking over land masses at an alarming rate. This does not give animals time to move or adjust to what they are being consumed by.

Pets are animals who have been bred for complacency with the human species, BY the human species. Therefore WE are the caretakers of these animals we call "pets", because WE have enslaved them, WE have conquered them, WE have forced them to live as WE bid.
They have lost their animal instincts to survive, therefore WE are responsible for their welfare and happiness.

If you need an equivalent representation =

This is equal to chaining up a 3 year old human to a tree for four years. They know something is going on, but dont know what. They dont have the mental ability or know how to try and set themselves free or find a way to get help.

If WE are going to claim to be the HIGHER life form on this planet, then WE are the caretakers for all other "lower" lifeforms on it.

depressing, so depressing.

terrible, just terrible, what the hell is wrong with people! one cruelty is bad but 4 years of continuos neglect is heartless and senseless. scumbag!