Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emo
Although. I'm not emo i have a lot of friends who are.
Are there any emo here and if you would tell a little about yourself.

I think we are all a little emo here....... we just dont dress the part.
[Image: emo-boy,-heart,-love,-piercing-149849.jpg]
(no thats not me)

I had an online chat friend who was emo, when I lived in California. He was a nice guy.
I miss talking to him.

Some people have referred to me as "kind of emo" but I don't listen to emo music and I don't feel like I dress particularly emo either...

It's a term that has gotten loads of strange definitions. Some people define others as emo just because they've got black hair and a fringe Tongue

Yes im emotional, most people are.

Not just kids with black eye make-up.

Id say im more emotional than most of those.

I hate the title, its crap.

From what I know about it............"Emo" was derived from a subculture of overly emotional rock/grunge music. Music specifically about extreme emotional states.

You might think of it this way.........

"Goth" is where someone has complicated "dark" feelings and shows their feelings through their fashion statements.

"Emo" is where someone has complicated "dark" feelings and shows it through their music.

Of course they have both evolved into different sects of what "goth" and "emo" are, so you get different answers when asking what "emo" or "goth" is.

And, as usual, you have all the posers, hosers, and losers who think its cool to copy what the real emo's and goths do, say, and dress like....so its hard to tell the fakes from the real ones.

Actually, I like the emo "look", although I hate "skinny jeans".
And this "look" is definitely a young mans look. It looks BAD on an older guy, whereas goth fashion can look good on pretty much anyone, if you do it right.

Class dismissed.

Well i know this is one guy who thinks emos are hot.

austin17 Wrote:Well i know this is one guy who thinks emos are hot.

LOL....I saw one emo guy some years ago, and I thought he looked cute. Then I realized all I could see was his mouth and chin!! And then I thought....damn boy, get a haircut so I can see your face!

Then I thought, OMG Im freeking old already for thinking that!!!

I would consider my chemical romance emo.

Yes and no. I'm a big fan of the grunge stuff from the 90's, but I think emo just went a bit over-the-top for me. It's far too showy and a tad bit annoying.

Emo died when scene came in.
And now we shout "scene is dead shave your head!"
Tho I do have a few scene kid friends.