Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Empire
I heard alot of good things about this show so I began watching...it is four episodes in...WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't take my eyes off the screen.....excellent writing.....I am completely hooked

...and a GREAT gay man who shows us what it is like to deal with homophobia in his family.....

His name is Jamal...and if I was young..this would be the guy I would date if I was single...very sexy and charming and a very real depiction of what some gay men have to deal with...

Anyone else watch it?

I like the acting. Haven't seen any of it outside your clip.

For my taste, it is too urban. I never enjoyed any of the CSI stuff due to the same urban bias. My reality just isn't anything like this. There is a thick layering of power and decisions that is both unfamiliar to me and not so credible.

I simply do not know anyone who lives like this, with prisons and grand pianos alternating.

The lead is well-timed, as I think his character can be a poster child to help his and other subcultures deal more directly with the whole down-low ethos that has dressed up living in denial.

WOW!!!!! What a great ride that was! Eight episodes...and the best writing on TV...same with the actors...but the writing is so tight...exceptionally good....

Too bad about the season finale beign so soon..but since it is now the #1 show on network TV (Walking Dead holds the title for all of TV)...we will get a full order for next year...

They have one problem...they set the bar too high...I can't even imagine how they will be able to keep the writing so hot next year...but I am hoping they will...

I love this show. The acting is great and the music isn't bad and it isn't even in a genre that I really listen to. The creators really wanted to show the homophobia and how bad it is. That trash can scene is pretty disturbing.

Albie Wrote:I love this show. The acting is great and the music isn't bad and it isn't even in a genre that I really listen to. The creators really wanted to show the homophobia and how bad it is. That trash can scene is pretty disturbing.

Yeah...they did a great job exposing homophobia...probably the best story on TV....ever....on the subject...very impressive....

East Wrote:WOW!!!!! What a great ride that was! Eight episodes...and the best writing on TV...same with the actors...but the writing is so tight...exceptionally good....

Too bad about the season finale beign so soon..but since it is now the #1 show on network TV (Walking Dead holds the title for all of TV)...we will get a full order for next year...

They have one problem...they set the bar too high...I can't even imagine how they will be able to keep the writing so hot next year...but I am hoping they will...
I think I can't read this thread as it might contain spoilers. I've downloaded the episodes but not had time to watch any of them so I'm looking forward to it. Talk about it soon, probably.

princealbertofb Wrote:I think I can't read this thread as it might contain spoilers. I've downloaded the episodes but not had time to watch any of them so I'm looking forward to it. Talk about it soon, probably.

Oh man...I am so jealous! I would love to have this to look forward to. It is so satifying...do let me know when you have watched it and tell me what you think!

East Wrote:Oh man...I am so jealous! I would love to have this to look forward to. It is so satifying...do let me know when you have watched it and tell me what you think!
I'll let you know, [MENTION=18508]East[/MENTION], of course, when I start my Empire diet... haha.

PA...DON'T WATCH THIS if you don't want any spoilers....

This white party scene was great because though Jamal is openly gay and makes no apologies...he has kept it quiet on a public level for many reasons....and he is so brave....one of the best scenes on the show so far...

Oh yeah...another thing. It is especially nice because Jamal (above singing)...is played by Jussie Smollett..and he is a gay man....

I loved that scene. It was flawless. It really built up and while I knew what was going to happen it was still fantastic to see. All the reactions from the others that were there.

Terrence Howard plays Lucious Lyon so well. He does a great job being the guy you want to punch in the face and yet still begrudgingly respect.