Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emulation ?
Are any of you guys into emulation ??

Let me know if you're not sure what the heck I'm talking about Wink.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Erm...

...probably not given I've no idea what you're talking about!

Emulation is the process of getting your PC to act like an old video games console ... so using different pieces of software (e.g. GENS, MAME, ZSnes and others) you can get your computer to play older-generation video games ...

... it's how I keep playing Megaman 2 on the NES on this computer - if I were to hook up my old NES I think the dust alone would cause it to explode ... poor little lamb :frown:.

Emulation is the mutt's nuts I tell thee Cool.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Oh THAT! OMG, thats fantastic and I love playing games like Asteroids on it. So lovely Smile

Yup - it's just SO cool !! Pretty much any pre-cd-based console can be emulated with ease.

The emulation of cd-based consoles is obviously trickier, and the ROMs (the actual games themselves) are MUCH, much larger for obvious reasons ... but yeah - I did a project on it a while ago, and it's absolutely AMAZING what you can get up and running if you snoop around a bit ...

PLUS ... the BEST bit is that it's LEGAL (as long as you own a copy of the original title), so I can play Megaman 2 on my NESTEN Emulator until I'm blue in the face and it's aaaaaaaaaaaaaaall good Smile

If anybody wants to know more about emulation, just look me up.

Cheers,

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Yes, emulators rock; especially the ones that you can play on a regular console or portable system.

Ever tried M.A.M.E ? (Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator)

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

I used to have a SNES emulator. Had MAME too on my old computer - MR. Do ftmfw!! But I haven't anymore Sad

ZSnes is the best Super NES Emulator by far ... Smile

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

=D I <3 EMUS!

I play Super Mario RPG like a madman... and Earthworm Jim XD