Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engagement Ring(s)?
So, can y'all fill me in on this whole matter of engagement rings? I honestly don't know much beyond that usually one proposes to the other....and then there is a wedding band? I feel like it is probably simpler than I am making it out to be. I guess the problem is that I am not sure I fully understand the tradition as it applies to hetero couples and then being in a gay relationship there is the question of who wears the ring or do both wear rings?

Here's what I can say, I would be the one proposing most likely and would probably be a surprise. Just looking for general advice.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

This sounds so romantic and beautiful! You two certainly appear to be an awesome match in photos for sure. The opinions on rings are so varied. I recently saw a story on YT of how a guy popped the question unexpectedly at a weekend birthday getaway. And he told how they had shopped rings for tastes and sizes long ago enough that it had been forgotten and that's how he knew how to select. You might try some general research. Oh I'm about giddy after you were down in the dumps for a stretch before meeting. Hey, if you can do the things you've done together thus far you can definitely find a great engagement ring! You can always opt for a temp one and then choose together after-the-fact if he's the amenable type.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_q...ement+ring

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_q...ement+ring
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart
[-] The following 1 member Likes ChadCoxRox's post:
  • InbetweenDreams

Thanks @ChadCoxRox I appreciate that. Just 4 more days will be 6 months already. I really do love him and I feel like it is the first time that I feel love coming from someone in a relationship. Definitely will have to make a thread about all that and some reflecting and all that sometime.

I will take a look at what is on youtube. I had only read a few articles up till now.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 2 members Like InbetweenDreams's post:
  • ChadCoxRox, Cridders88

This just posted today! What a coincidence. Lovelove

Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart
[-] The following 1 member Likes ChadCoxRox's post:
  • InbetweenDreams

Glad to hear things are going so well Mike Smile

Both me and Toby wear an engagement ring. Toby proposed to me with a ring (and a watch!), and we got him a ring shortly after. I've never wondered how other gay couples do it though, that's just what we did Smile
[-] The following 1 member Likes Cridders88's post:
  • InbetweenDreams

No engagement rings for us and I begged hubby not to go down on one knee. Wedding rings are enough.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

Should I meet someone who wants to get married, I'd like to have matching engagement rings.

I don't think there would be a surprise proposal, and definitely not a public one, I am not a fan of those. I feel like that's a way of trapping someone into saying 'yes'.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!
[-] The following 1 member Likes CellarDweller's post:
  • InbetweenDreams

I don't think I would ever plan it to be a total surprise. I definitely would want to talk to him about it, so it would be more like expect it, just don't know when sort of thing. Don't know if I would do that in public, I honestly never thought that far ahead.

I am kind of leaning on having matching rings.

That's the other thing. You got engagement rings and wedding bands... Can't one be both?

I also don't think the rings have to be expensive, not sure how my partner feels about all that yet. I haven't asked too many questions but I do get that he hasn't ever really worn a ring so heck he might not want a ring at all...
Check out my stuff!

You can work with the rings however you like.

I'd like an engagement ring, and then a simple band for a wedding ring. Worn on opposite hands.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

agreed. No rules.
I'd like a "cheap" like silicone engagement ring as a total and complete surprise, and then shop together for the wedding bands.

https://groovelife.com/collections/mens-...74EALw_wcB