Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Europe trip
Hi old friends and new,

So I am going to visit Europe in the next 2 weeks and I will spend about 2-3 weeks there. I saw that many of you are from Europe so I might just utilize this resource.
I will be in Paris first to visit my family there then plan on spending Christmas and New Year in Germany for family reason. That left me with about 1-2 weeks free. Where should I go near France and Germany? (It 's not that I don't want to travel far away from that region, just I am on a budget and I don't want to waste too much of my time on flights or trains, I would rather use my time on seeing things ).
As for background, I am a 20ish years old, outgoing, used to the gay scene. I am very versatile and can enjoy both arts, theaters and outdoor stuff.

So any tips about transportation or things to see/do preferably gay related would be appreciated!
( name, rating and price range of gay clubs on the way would be helpful as well Wink )

You can't come to Europe and not visit London!

There is a European rail pass, where you can get rail travel on a budget if your under 25.

Have a look at interrail.net or google it.

Berlin would be another good place to go.

You need to set up a list of capital cities, and decide where you can visit, in the most time effective way.

ObW
x

Everybody will tell you that his city is worth visit Smile

Google pictures, take a look at lonelyplanet.com, it has a board too and useful travel information when you are on a budget. Distances between cities in Europe are not big and there are trains and buses connecting them every couple of minutes.
Enjoy your stay Smile

Nick9 Wrote:Everybody will tell you that his city is worth visit Smile

Google pictures, take a look at lonelyplanet.com, it has a board too and useful travel information when you are on a budget. Distances between cities in Europe are not big and there are trains and buses connecting them every couple of minutes.
Enjoy your stay Smile

Some people suggested me to go Prague. People said it 's beautiful over there. It 's also rank in top gay travel destination by many credited travel blog this year.
I want to go, but I am a little concern since Switzerland is a very expensive city. Would it be very expensive to visit there ? ( like hotel and foods and stuff. ).

Do do the train travel from place to place. You get to see a lot of the countryside and if you get a schedule you may learn about new places you never heard of before, native places where you can stop for a few hours and see how the native folk live in their natural environment.

Tourists love to go to Berlin, Paris, London and other major places, few actually get to see the real country, the real people.

Hi, I will send you a PM today or tomorrow. I am too busy to do the research right now. Smile

In the days immediately after christmas Germans traditionally wear swastika armbands, as a national reminder of past events. Best to bring your own because there's usually a run on them before christmas and the shops won't have them.

When people greet you in the street, they'll point at it and greet you enthusiastically. It's always good to know a little of the language of the place you're visiting, so be sure to return the greeting with "Mögest Du ewig in der Hölle schmoren!" and you'll find you make lots of new friends. A surprising number of them will be policemen.

Nick9 Wrote:Everybody will tell you that his city is worth visit Smile

Not me. I live in a mill town with one Applebee's, which is ten years old already, and was the last franchise to come into the area. The only place that sells sushi is Fred Meyer, and it's not that great. If the wind is right, it smells like the beach. If it's wrong, it smells of mildew and messed diapers. Go to Europe.

cardiganwearer Wrote:In the days immediately after christmas Germans traditionally wear swastika armbands, as a national reminder of past events. Best to bring your own because there's usually a run on them before christmas and the shops won't have them.

LMAO, soneone who has never been to Germany before may actually believe you Rofl

ObW

I'm just popping to Europe...

Americans make me laugh...