Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eurovision Song Contest 2010 - UK entry!?
Has anyone heard the UK entry?

Josh Dubovie is 19 years old, comes from Essex in England and will be the UK's hope in the 2010 Eurovision Song Contest on Saturday 29th May.

Composers and Lyric writers: Pete Waterman, Mike Stock, Steve Crosby

I'm not too keen on it to be honest! :o Maybe they needed Aitken to help out with the song... it sounds a bit cheesey and dated to me!

What do you think?
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Since when have we had a "GOOD" entry(LONG TIME)? Even if we did have the best entry European politics will deny us the victory anyway!

As for the song. It's mediocre.

*too cynical too cynical too cynical too cynical* Tongue
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Genersis Wrote:Since when have we had a "GOOD" entry(LONG TIME)? Even if we did have the best entry European politics will deny us the victory anyway!

As for the song. It's mediocre.

*too cynical too cynical too cynical too cynical* Tongue

I thought it was just me! :biggrin:

Not quite as bad as the 2007 'Nil Point'...

but I don't think anything could be that bad! Laugh1
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Shouldn't there be something more memorable about a Eurovision song than ungainly dancing? At least Lordi wore daft masks and costumes. He looks so young to end his career this way. What I'm left with is a slight irritation that I can't recall what other song one of the melodic sequences in this one reminds me of. It'll be on the edge of my memory for the rest of the evening (no it's not "can't go to bed till I'm legally wed" Sandra Dee) ... PA would know. He often bursts into the song I'm thinking of.

Eurovision is too political, its no longer about camp and cheese. I do like a cheesey song.

Watching it now!
Wonder which one i'd vote for if i cared! Tongue

Surprise, surprise.
Last place with 10 mighty points!
Double digits....hooray Big Grin

To be fair it was an awful song lol

I was ok with: Turkey, romainia and Icelands entries.
Disliked: Spain(more of the choreography and costumes) and France's entries.(No offence Albert!)

Germany's entry had a funny accent! Smile
Seemed like a sweet girl though.

marshlander Wrote:Shouldn't there be something more memorable about a Eurovision song than ungainly dancing? At least Lordi wore daft masks and costumes. He looks so young to end his career this way. What I'm left with is a slight irritation that I can't recall what other song one of the melodic sequences in this one reminds me of. It'll be on the edge of my memory for the rest of the evening (no it's not "can't go to bed till I'm legally wed" Sandra Dee) ... PA would know. He often bursts into the song I'm thinking of.

Stock & Waterman (without Aitken) from the Kylie, Sonia, Rick Astley, Sinita, Steps fame wrote it... I think it sounds a lot like one of their old less well known hits of yesteryear!

Genersis Wrote:Surprise, surprise.
Last place with 10 mighty points!
Double digits....hooray Big Grin

LOL I know! :o I thought he sang it quite well to be fair and the arrangement was slightly different from the one in the video above. The backing girl singers were badly out of tune though! (bit of a cat's chorus! hehe) I think they made it a lot worse...

jwm Wrote:To be fair it was an awful song lol

Yeah, if he sang a 'Never Gonna Give You Up' (Rick Astley) type number - I think it would have suited his voice a lot better...

Genersis Wrote:I was ok with: Turkey, romainia and Icelands entries.
Disliked: Spain(more of the choreography and costumes) and France's entries.(No offence Albert!)

Germany's entry had a funny accent! Smile
Seemed like a sweet girl though.

We were actually really surprised with the quality this year! They seem to be spending a lot more money on song writers than before. The performances were also more polished than previous years.

The German one reminded me of Paloma Faith crossed with someone else! It was probably a bit unfair because she was well known and it was already a big hit across Europe.

I quite liked Georgia and the Israeli one (think he would have done a lot better if he sang in English though). Both had great voices...

At least it's over for another year! :p