Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ever cooked on your engine?
Ever cooked on your engine?

Fun way to make a journey quite interesting, especially when the car fills with the aroma of cooking food.....

Here are picks of a chicken done on the turbo cover of my Td5 Landy.

Basted in Lemon juice, garlic,, pepper, mixed herbs and spices & stuffed with button mushrooms & small onions

4H after leaving home Yummy

Supper and brekkie

Trial by error

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

mmm that looks really nice and juicy!

This would be a good idea for long road trips, and a great way to make your car for efficient! Tongue

I'd like to cook a stew in a car someday.

I'm disappointed. I thought "cooking on your engine" was going to be some sort of sexy euphemism.

Watched that episode of mythbusters and got inspired? looks like good results, wouldn't be rejected especially if going on a long cruise out somewhere like camping thats for sure!

I ride a motorbike, so the most I cook on the engine is my hands since its winter.

I've cooked or rather warmed up on my engine once. I have also cooked in my car. How? Well, I fill a thermos flask with water, heat it up using a heating coil plugged in to the cigarette lighter, when it boils I add whole rice or some other sort of grain, add mixed dried vegetables or even fresh ones, close the flask and an hour or so later I have something to eat. As I'm vegan it's the best alternative I can find since eating in restaurants provides all sorts of problems.

LONDONER Wrote:I've cooked or rather warmed up on my engine once. I have also cooked in my car. How? Well, I fill a thermos flask with water, heat it up using a heating coil plugged in to the cigarette lighter, when it boils I add whole rice or some other sort of grain, add mixed dried vegetables or even fresh ones, close the flask and an hour or so later I have something to eat. As I'm vegan it's the best alternative I can find since eating in restaurants provides all sorts of problems.

That's cool...

We have a device called a "kombuis oond" (kitchen oven) basically a big material bag made to enclose a pot but the bag is filled with polystryene balls (like a bean bag is). Works well but very space hungry.... I'll give this one a shot :flirty-thank-you-sm

You're more than welcome Trialbyerror. Let us know how it goes and what you cook.

Lilitu Wrote:mmm that looks really nice and juicy!

This would be a good idea for long road trips, and a great way to make your car for efficient! Tongue

I'd like to cook a stew in a car someday.

Hi
Seen it done, same principal, use a roasting bag wrapped in foil. Chunky veggies par boiled potatoes, mushrooms baby-corn & beef cubes.
Use brown onion soup for a sauce.

When you open, throw a proportionate qnt of cream stir in & wait 5-10 min then serve

If you like it slightly spicy hot, use a small amount 2 shakes? of some peri-peri powder but cautiously else you over-flavor.

Trial by error (and ye shall succeed)

Roflmao
Wade Wrote:I'm disappointed. I thought "cooking on your engine" was going to be some sort of sexy euphemism.

I'm disssssspicable :biggrin:

Trial by error

PS Love a 20 something mechanic in dirty overalls bent over an engine, hands full of old black engine oil.....
Hubba-hubba-smiley
Shusssh My old ticker won"t take much more....