Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ever met anyone off the net??
Hi,
Anyone ever met someone off the internet??? I know in todays society it is pretty common and is still a danger to both old and young... When i was younger i went to wales to meet someone who was same age as me which went well but wshen i was 18 i met someone online and he seemed cool, i wanted to move out of home with step dad being a twat back then and i moved into a flat with him.... What i didnt know wasa he was a raving alcoholic with a violent temper who destroyed most thingts i had and kept me as a bloody prisoner.. I kept getting parking tickets as he broke into my car and kept stealing my permit to park and he destroyed my internet and mobile and the final straw came when i had my hand broken... I couldnt ever get justice as he was a ex high court judge who was struck off for many reasons to do with sentencing... I was kicked out several times and then begged to stray which foolish to me and naively i did until i left then one day after i moved out i got the news id waited for through being abused my someone i thought was a friend..... He had moved to london and over dosed on drugs... Riddled with aids and never looking after himself his health gave up and before he died naturally he died through self neglect....

Has anyone met people online and if so how did it go?

kindest regards

zeon x

I'm always afraid something like this would happen or maybe the person would think I'm to boring or even worse, like if the person tried to do physical harm.

Thankfully most infact 99% of people have been themselves in any meet ive had except a few which havent been the way they said they were such as sites like gaydar for example people were alot older than what they said or were not the photo they showed on the site which made me think if they lied about that what else are they lying about?

Kindest regards

zeon x

I have met people who i have met online as friends only. I don't get the whole 'dating' via online thing, nor the 'lets hook up for sex' thing either.

I have only had one 'squirrely' individual via the Internets - she turned out to be a total piece of work. Kind of like your experience, sans the broken hand.

However I have a few good people who I wouldn't have met it if wasn't for the internet.

One thing you must do is take it easy, and when it comes to meeting them face to face, find a safe public place. Then go from there, meet for coffee, meet at theater for a movie - whatever, getting to know them a bit BEFORE you let them know where you live.

Meeting 'nut jobs' can happen anywhere. I met a man and was in an 11 month relationship, moved in, decided sure, I will give up my job, be a 'house husband' and all of that. Then the real him came out... the monster beneath.

I was dumb - so young and sooooooooooo stupid. I would find out that that was his M.O., meet a guy, wow them, then convince the guy that it was ok to be a 'house husband' then slowly shut off every other route of escape then release Mr. Hyde. A lot of abusers do that, isolate their spouse/S.O. then release the beast within. Sick.

I dont know why people have to be like that bowyn aerrow... I am glad im not the only one whos made this mistake and got caught in a sticky situation. I know now if my gut feeling feels bad i dont stay i make a random excuse and leave....

I've met a handful of people I made friends with online, they were all perfectly normal. Although, the most I've ever done is just show someone around when they were visiting, or if they happened to live in the city get coffee. Nothing crazy haha.

I've met people online. Only bad experience was with a nutter from the UK...he tried stalking one of my older friends after meeting her in person. FBI took care of him, but it took a year. Not fun.

Online dating works if you keep it local...and have the wits/courage to avoid bad situations. That means, in my case, verbally asserting my boundaries and concealed carry if the person gets violent. And looking like a bouncer helps!

cloud999 Wrote:I've met people online. Only bad experience was with a nutter from the UK...he tried stalking one of my older friends after meeting her in person. FBI took care of him, but it took a year. Not fun.

Online dating works if you keep it local...and have the wits/courage to avoid bad situations. That means, in my case, verbally asserting my boundaries and concealed carry if the person gets violent. And looking like a bouncer helps!

That is both scary and sad at the same time...Sad

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:That is both scary and sad at the same time...Sad
I spent four years living in the ghetto during college...and witnessed things I'd rather forget. Carrying a small-caliber pistol (think 007) on your person might seem scary, but it's far less scary then receiving death threats from your neighbors, or dealing with aggressive drugged/drunk homeless people. I've never had to shoot anyone, fortunately, and only once brandished a steel club at a mugger coming at me with a knife. Said mugger thought it wise to back off and forget about me.

When I'm around, whether it's the hospital or a party, things are under control. I think this is why some guys like to fall into my arms :redface:. No matter the crisis, I'm a pillar people can depend upon.

When travelling through orc-infested lands, should you not carry your bow? It's the modern equivalent. Fortunately, I'm in a much safer neighborhood now, and so leave the loaded pistol home most nights. This whole neighborhood is protect by the mob, and they keep the riff-raff away. But you also can't call the cops.

cloud999 Wrote:I spent four years living in the ghetto during college...and witnessed things I'd rather forget. Carrying a small-caliber pistol (think 007) on your person might seem scary, but it's far less scary then receiving death threats from your neighbors, or dealing with aggressive drugged/drunk homeless people. I've never had to shoot anyone, fortunately, and only once brandished a steel club at a mugger coming at me with a knife. Said mugger thought it wise to back off and forget about me.

When I'm around, whether it's the hospital or a party, things are under control. I think this is why some guys like to fall into my arms :redface:. No matter the crisis, I'm a pillar people can depend upon.

When travelling through orc-infested lands, should you not carry your bow? It's the modern equivalent. Fortunately, I'm in a much safer neighborhood now, and so leave the loaded pistol home most nights. This whole neighborhood is protect by the mob, and they keep the riff-raff away. But you also can't call the cops.

I suspected that there is/was a need to carry, that is what makes it both scary and sad.

Edit, addition: being a strong person isn't something to be embarrassed about. It is a good thing.