Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ever met anyone off the net??
Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I suspected that there is/was a need to carry, that is what makes it both scary and sad.
It's a rough, rough world out there. People here on this forum have more difficult histories than I can tell...I'm fortunate. I've had enough trauma and challenge to make me grow and mature, but not enough to shatter me. I have a friend with intense PTSD from Iraq...he told me it was a waste of time that will leave him permanently scarred. Nothing I've done was a waste of time.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Edit, addition: being a strong person isn't something to be embarrassed about. It is a good thing.
I know, or else I wouldn't be here! But I'm not a touchy-feeling person (as you can tell), so I'm usually awkward when people try to hug me...

I've never met anyone online before, and it's for the exact reasons you guys have witnessed first-hand. I just know that there are way too many crazies and I can't bet on it. I don't think I would ever want to meet anyone through the internet for love interests anyway, but I will meet to be friends and have a cup of coffee or maybe a movie.

I have met a guy that wanted to meet who is close to me, but when I found out he is straight and intention was just to get off, I was totally turned off and wanted nothing to do with that situation.

cloud999 Wrote:It's a rough, rough world out there. People here on this forum have more difficult histories than I can tell...I'm fortunate. I've had enough trauma and challenge to make me grow and mature, but not enough to shatter me. I have a friend with intense PTSD from Iraq...he told me it was a waste of time that will leave him permanently scarred. Nothing I've done was a waste of time.

I know, or else I wouldn't be here! But I'm not a touchy-feeling person (as you can tell), so I'm usually awkward when people try to hug me...

I feel compelled to say 'something', yet honestly I have no words.

I hear you, I know what you are saying....

When I was younger and not completely out I did the whole hookup from dating sites and personal sites and met a wide variety of guys, and the only bad experiences I have had was when they turned up to be older then dirt or way opposite of what they "said" they looked like. One really good thing that happend out of meeting guys online was that I found my current boyfriend, going on a year now, and have never been happier. If you are going to meet someone online do it for something other then just sex, meet them in public setting first, and take neccessary safety precausions to protect yourself and the other people you meet

Do it as much as I can.

yahoo is ( needaheshe )

Hello,
I think the furtherest ive ever gone to meet someone from online was Inverness at top of scotland.... I was 18 and i played a game online known as myth of Soma and i had a bit of fun and flirt with another gamer in my guild who i ended up meeting and having a loving relationship until another man came along lol

I don't know if this count but ...

I know three Grindr members in real life. Two of them happen to work on the same floor with me. But they work with other companies. Another one works on a different floor.

They have become my friends particularly the one from another floor.

Nice guys. Total contradiction to Grindr philosophy. Okay, so the guy who works on another floor admitted that he banged every guy he met on Grindr after he broke up with his long time boyfriend due to frustration. But he has found someone now and has returned to monogamous relationship.

But again, all of them are nice guys.

Jay Wrote:I don't know if this count but ...

I know three Grindr members in real life. Two of them happen to work on the same floor with me. But they work with other companies. Another one works on a different floor.

They have become my friends particularly the one from another floor.

Nice guys. Total contradiction to Grindr philosophy. Okay, so the guy who works on another floor admitted that he banged every guy he met on Grindr after he broke up with his long time boyfriend due to frustration. But he has found someone now and has returned to monogamous relationship.

But again, all of them are nice guys.

this does count yes as its a virtual world lol

zeon Wrote:Hello,
I think the furtherest ive ever gone to meet someone from online was Inverness at top of scotland....

That's abit of a hike from Brighton, zeon. :biggrin:

Have met people from Gibraltar, Geneva and Derby or Shrewbury so far...