Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ever seen a ghost ? [DO NOT READ if you are of a nervous disposition xxx]
I believe you only see what you want to see. End of. A close loved one which may of passed may be inside the mind but sometimes I think it is genuine, as it makes sense, the person they are closest too would be you, want to see, need to see them this weakens the gap between both spirit plains?

Idk its hard to say whether it is true or not, only the genuine person knows if it is or isnt. I do think we all have a spirit attatched to us.. and this spirit provides us with the power we need to conquer all tasks.

The spirit attached I think in a way is your own personal angel, which is watching you and protecting you from harm. When people do get hurt.. I dont think the spirit can do anything, as I also believe if its going to happen nothing can change that.

I think our life is planned out, we can make changes, move directions, but overall some greater force holds the answers, spirits can only guide.

I do count myself as quite spiritual.. And I think that I do have quite a good connection with 'spirits', not claiming to see any, but I feel temperature drops for no apparent reason, feel somebody is watching me or touching me.. Its hard to explain.
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

I've never actually seen a ghost myself. But once, while walking our dogs down our block, my sister and I saw what appeared to be the face of a woman in one of the windows of a house we knew was abandoned. Months later we found out one of the previous owners had commited suicide in the master bedroom after the death of her mother. No one has ever lived there longer than a year and one of the last people to live there said he would see a blonde lady crying and walking around the house. The freaky thing is that the ghost would always walk the same route that the lady would take to get to her backyard. She would take the door in the last room because she had a fear of glass doors.

well i hav never personally seen a ghost before but a few members of my family hav...

My mother (whom i believe had a thing for seeing ghosts) experienced 3 freaky encounters with spirits! the first was in her parents house shortly after her Mother died, she used to clean the house as my Grandfather was going through a stage of depression and upset fter losing his wife... anyway she was in her parents bedroom and she dusted the mirror on the dressing table and left the room to go downstairs for something but when she returned the mirror had been moved off the dressing table and to the side of the bed... no one of which had been uopstairs at this point.

My older sister when she was 5 apparently told my moother that she had seen our dead grandmother in the curtains of her bedroom!!

then my mother apparently also saw a ghostly figure walk frm our kitchen to our bathroom in the house we currently live in... apparently it was the ghost of an old woman

My grandad also experienced a ghost first hnd when his house was having work done so the council moved him into a different house temporarily and apparently he woke up one day to the ghose of an old man standing at the end of his bed wiv glasses on. the ghost of the old man told my grandad to get out of his house n never come back!!!

spooky stuff!! ive always wanted to see a ghots tho... wierdly! and im still waiting

i don't have a final opinion about the subject yet , but one thing is worth mentioning : i noticed that this thing is bounded by our cultural background , for example :westerners claim that they see ghosts , sudanese claim they see ( Jin ) , which by comparing its characteristic with a ghost , we can conclude that Jins and ghosts are apparently different .

i suppose that these ( supra naturals ) should be the same , whatever the culture or the place , this point i think is against the validity of the supranatural powers , but its not enough though . i cant assume that all the folks who tell such stories are simply liers or they all do overstate or are just victims of illusion , or something related to their psych , don't they ?

I've seen a couple of times what I believed at those moments to be figures / ghosts, but they were only flash figures... there on second, then not... so I believe them to be more of a trick of the mind thing.

But I do believe in the supernatural and spirits and ghosts... and have had what I believe to be a genuine experience with a ouija board (yes, dangerous to play with I know), and several good experiences with mediums / clairvoyants. One in particular I remember due to it being close to when someone close to me had passed and the information she gave out was quite precise yet there were no leading questions or owt!! Was really good... and quite a pleasant and calming experience.

i've never seen a ghost myself but...

when my mom was a kid her dad had a nightstick (i don't really know why...) and it would move around the house without anyone ever touching.

in that same house when my mom was a kid (she had 2 brothers)
one of her brothers woke up in the middle of the night and went to his brothers room and saw his bed hover in the air for a second and then crash back down onto the floor.

also just recently (like a week ago i think)
my dad woke up in the middle of the night because he heard someone say his name (even though he was completely alone with no one even on that floor)
he swears he thought it was me but i was asleep upstairs in my bed...
he even answered and said "what?"

and
my grandpa was driving one day and saw some little old lady on the side of the road and asked if she needed to go anywhere
she told him her address and he said it was one the way
when he got to her house he got out of the car and knocked on the door
but when he looked back, the woman was gone
he told the lady that answered the door about her and she said that there was an old lady that lived in the house before her but she had been dead for years.

There was a ghost i saw pretty frequently at my parent's house when i lived there. She used to just wander into my room and stare out the window looking lost and so very desperately lonely. She didn't scare me though, for some reason i felt this weird connection with her, like we were kindred spirits. Maybe that's why i'm the only person in my family to have seen her, though the neighbours used to mention a presence similar to hers...

I've had plenty encounters with ghosts and other apparitions, so i have no doubt in my mind they exist. It's even turned out there's a ghost in the stockroom at my work. Though quite WHY someone would waste their afterlife hauting our awful store is, i have to say, entirely beyond me.

xxx

YoUnGaY33 Wrote:i've never seen a ghost myself but...

when my mom was a kid her dad had a nightstick (i don't really know why...) and it would move around the house without anyone ever touching.

in that same house when my mom was a kid (she had 2 brothers)
one of her brothers woke up in the middle of the night and went to his brothers room and saw his bed hover in the air for a second and then crash back down onto the floor.

also just recently (like a week ago i think)
my dad woke up in the middle of the night because he heard someone say his name (even though he was completely alone with no one even on that floor)
he swears he thought it was me but i was asleep upstairs in my bed...
he even answered and said "what?"

and
my grandpa was driving one day and saw some little old lady on the side of the road and asked if she needed to go anywhere
she told him her address and he said it was one the way
when he got to her house he got out of the car and knocked on the door
but when he looked back, the woman was gone
he told the lady that answered the door about her and she said that there was an old lady that lived in the house before her but she had been dead for years.

I got goosebumps reading your interesting post.

sox-and-the-city Wrote:There was a ghost i saw pretty frequently at my parent's house when i lived there. She used to just wander into my room and stare out the window looking lost and so very desperately lonely. She didn't scare me though, for some reason i felt this weird connection with her, like we were kindred spirits. Maybe that's why i'm the only person in my family to have seen her, though the neighbours used to mention a presence similar to hers...

I've had plenty encounters with ghosts and other apparitions, so i have no doubt in my mind they exist. It's even turned out there's a ghost in the stockroom at my work. Though quite WHY someone would waste their afterlife hauting our awful store is, i have to say, entirely beyond me.

xxx

You might be mediumistic Sox that's why you were the only one who could see her. How old where you ? Do you remember who said they encountered a similar spirit and their age? It is often that kids will be allowed to see those.

Oh that was from about twelve onwards. Quite often. I saw her most when i was going through periods of romantic upset, i'm pretty sure that's what connection we had.

Far as being mediumistic goes i DO have something, but it's not very well developed at all. Usually i'm just more aware than most there's something going on. Not like one of my friends, he has a real gift for that. I've seen what a person with real talents can do, and i can't do that Sad That said i'm much more plugged in than most of the people at work, hence finding something in the stockroom...

Hmmmm, one was what, late thirties?? and her husband was maybe slightly older. Not really sure what that means, though.

xxx

xxx

I lived in a very haunted house for 8 long years! It was horrendous, although my mom and dad seemed to actually enjoy it. I've seen and heard things in that house that have left me with the belief that Spirits exist, without a shadow of a doubt. It was the ghost of a little boy. When my parents looked into the history of the house they discovered that an 8 year old boy who lived there in the early 80's was run over and killed right in the street. We all saw and heard him many times. Visitors to the house also had strange things happen to them. It was truly vile.