Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everything is a virus?
MisterTinkles Wrote:Yeah, you might want to look to see if your Chrome is on auto-update. If it is not, then you might want to run an update on it.

For the most part these updates are just patches; If you had been around during the 'fifties, you might have an idea how reliable a tire with more than a few patches was. Sometimes it can be helpful to uninstall a program, and reinstall the latest version.

I don't understand why everyone doesn't like IE. That's all I use, and I've never had a problem.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

CellarDweller Wrote:I don't understand why everyone doesn't like IE. That's all I use, and I've never had a problem.

Because for the longest time, it was a seriously outdated browser. Sure, it works. It just doesn't work as well as other browsers. I think they're trying to catch back up now, but their reputation precedes them.

It might be worth downloading the free version of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and doing a full scan ... MS Security Essentials can miss things

Fixed it Big Grin.

I was thinking it might be a virus from what you guys said, so I decided to try replacing my antivirus. As I was replacing it, I noticed the virus scan failed even without an antivirus active on my laptop which was curious.

I temporarily changed a file in the registery (with a short tutorial because I don't actually understand what I did) to make google ignore the failed virus scans, installed a new antivirus software, and discovered a lot of malware and nasty stuff that windows defender definitely missed. They are gone and my browser works again. I changed the setting I changed back to what it was as well.

...Jeez, by the time my usual laptop gets back from the shop I'll be able to fix anything on it just from fixing the problems on this one.

MisterTinkles Wrote:You pretty much answered your own question when you stated "Google Chrome".

and Winblows

[Image: tumblr_m58b0t3DgA1qb85cqo1_500.jpg]

If you want a free antivirus, try AVG. It has a completely free antivirus that's pretty good.

Aside from that, I also use malwarebytes, which cleans up any malware AVG doesn't catch.

But if you've fixed the issue, nvm lol. plenty of different methods ppl use that work just as well Smile

Once a month I do an online virus scan through Microtrend: http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

It is totally free and does a deep scan. McAfee (the on-board virus scanner) has missed things in past - which is going to happen since getting their update packages together and sent lags behind the march of malicious software.

I stopped using Explorer long time ago when Firefox came out. Explorer feel way behind the technology curve, Firefox was doing tabbing and Microsuck had to play catch up.

I hear Googles Chrome is hooked directly to the NSA.. or to Advertizers, a data theft protocol in every bundle. LOL No, Chrome loves you, like that stalker fellow loves you... Its just likes to watch you in the shower and stuff...

I totally missed this thread Sad...
Ill pipe in now, as was posted before whatever anti virus you got/had remove it get AVG free edition. Also If your doing anything questionable use a virtual linux box and say bye bye to viruses forever! ^_^
your welcome Big Grin

SilverBullet Wrote:Also If your doing anything questionableuse a virtual linux box

Oh, sir you got a dirty mind ...Biglaugh

ugh...completely off topic but I had to use linux for Bioinformatics classes back in 2010..

NEVER AGAIN......I hate it...(cause I barely understood how to use it)