Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facebook Picture Visibility Driving Me Nuts!
Hey guys,

I'm having trouble customising my Facebook visibility and how much I want to share with people because it is ages since I last edited the settings and Facebook has changed since then. I'm looking at the Help guides but its not helping, can anybody please answer my queries.

Basically lately people have been tagging me in pictures, I may be turning the wrong way or blinking and it looks like I have either been drinking too much or taking drugs which is not the case lol because it looks unflattering. How do you remove tags, also how to you stop certain people from tagging you? Secondly is there anyway to make certain photo albums or photo's only visible to a group of people? I'm sure this used to be in the privacy settings but it seems to have vanished. I don't have anything to particularly hide but with going on to teach kids I don't ideally want potential work colleagues seeing me in a compromising position and gossiping about it or even telling the kids.

Any help would be much appreciated, as Facebook seems to have changed alot !! :-)

sorry but the obvious
googles ( customising Facebook visibility )

http://twittown.com/social-networks/face...-visibilty

Once you've done that, you'll be looking at an overview of the various Facebook profile fields that you can customize visibility settings for. Your actual "Profile" page itself has a more limited set of visibility settings, but settings for individual fields are far more robust. In this example, we'll show you how to limit visibility of your friends Facebook images in which you've been tagged.
First you'll want to click the pull-down menu next to "Photos Tagged of You." You can select a number of preset security settings, such as "Only Friends," which will only allow friends of yours to view the photos, or "Everyone," which would allow all Facebook users to view them. Since we want a more refined, subtle visibility setting, we'll click "Customize" to refine the visibility list:

ok i love it

Meh, I just recently deleted my Facebook. I'm better without it Smile
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

I'll see if I can give it a go. mmmmm

What I basically did was I went through every single setting on the settings page. Now if someone tags me, I have to approve that before it's visible on my profile. And you can't really find me on fb unless I want you to and so on. So that's probably the best thing to do, just spend a good half an hour tweaking it and it will save you lots of headaches later on Confusedmile:

From facebook. I'd just link it, but I cannot do links yet.

How do I remove a tag?
If you want to untag yourself, use the Remove Tag option.

For posts you're tagged in, Remove Tag is in the drop down menu next to the post.
For photos you're tagged in, go to the photo, hover over the photo and and select Report/Remove Tag from the Options menu.

Untagging removes the link to your name from the post and also takes the post off your profile. The post will still be visible in other places unless the person who posted it takes it down. If a friend has tagged you in an app, the tag and post may still exist in the app your friend is using, even if you remove the tag on Facebook.

What is Tag Review?
Tag Review is a privacy option that lets you approve or reject tags that friends add to your posts. When you turn it on, then anytime a friend wants to add a tag to a photo or post you make, that tag won't appear until you approve it.

To turn on Tag Review:

Click the account menu at the top right of any Facebook page and choose Privacy Settings.
Under the Profile (Timeline) and Tagging section, choose Edit Settings.
Click Review tags friends add to your own posts on Facebook.
Click on the current status icon of Tag Review in the upper-right corner of the pop-up.
Select Enabled.

When Tag Review is on, you’ll get a notification every time you have a post to review. You can approve or ignore the tag request by going to the content itself.

When Tag Review is off, you can skip reviewing tags friends add to your content before they appear on Facebook. When someone who you're not friends with adds a tag to one of your posts you'll always be asked to review it.

How do I edit the privacy settings for my photo albums?
To edit the privacy settings for photo albums you've posted:

Go to your profile (timeline) and click on the Photos section
Click See All
Use the audience selector tool under each album to control who can see your photos

A few important notes:

The privacy setting for your Cover Photos album is always public.

If there's a photo of you in an album that someone else posted, only the person who posted it can change the album privacy. If you don't like the photo, you can remove a tag or escalate the issue.

If you share a high resolution photo or album with someone, that person will be able to download those photos.

Unlike other photo albums you create, you can choose an audience for individual photos in your Wall Photos and Mobile Uploads albums. Each time you post a new photo, you pick who sees that photo using the audience selector.

Hope that helps.