Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facebook: what's the big deal?
So...... yesterday i met a friend and i have been asked for a millionth time

Blah blah...
-Are you on facebook?
-I have a myspace that i dont use and is enough.
-You should , i think you will love that kind of thing
- Yeah is about that poking , shouldnt miss it. no cock pics there i assume but the same dicks.
- C'mon, check it out...

Created an account today. It is well designed and mostly easy to use although i was a bit confused the first 20mins. To be honest i find social networking sites boring to annoying, so for now i wont be using it- an exception is gayspeak.com as a forum even though it sometimes bores me too; not that is compared to facebook though! Anyway do you have facebook and do you like it, for what reason you using it?

I have facebook and I find it addictive as anything!!! Start getting the zombies, slayers, werewolves, vampires applications, message people on their walls, do quizzes, play games, fill out naughty questionnaires etc... I live on facebook!!! Big Grin

I havent find yet how to do all what you say. Do you have to play games with someone else in your friends list?

To be honest my friends dont use sites like that and the ones who invited me are the ones i havent spoken to for years and tbh i dont want to. However believe it or not i have 7 friend requests already.

spotysocks Wrote:I havent find yet how to do all what you say. Do you have to play games with someone else in your friends list?

To be honest my friends dont use sites like that and the ones who invited me are the ones i havent spoken to for years and tbh i dont want to. However believe it or not i have 7 friend requests already.

You don't have to... some people have quite empty profiles, some people fill their profiles up with just about every application going. I think it just adds a touch of interactivity with people you know... and through facebook I've met up with an old school mate I aint seen... well, since school! lol

Cool. All my friends are my best friends from school, everyone i wanted to keep in touch with i have so ya know... No point. The same thing i said when a friend told me to go back home for the school reunion. I d like though to play the games when i find how.

What annoys me with these sites is that are like a police file and everyone has their name,picture, details , schools what they are doing. Freaks me out a bit!

spotysocks Wrote:Cool. All my friends are my best friends from school, everyone i wanted to keep in touch with i have so ya know... No point. The same thing i said when a friend told me to go back home for the school reunion. I d like though to play the games when i find how.

What annoys me with these sites is that are like a police file and everyone has their name,picture, details , schools what they are doing. Freaks me out a bit!

Yeh.. tell me about it... I keep minimal info on mine about myself... some people could become victims of identity theft quite easily with the info they put on there.

wouldlikemuscle Wrote:I have facebook and I find it addictive as anything!!! Start getting the zombies, slayers, werewolves, vampires applications, message people on their walls, do quizzes, play games, fill out naughty questionnaires etc... I live on facebook!!! Big Grin

DITTO! But the vampires etc. get on my pissing nerves hehe.

I am on there for the graffiti wall and the wall posting etc. hehe. I also have all my pictures on there, about a million galleries hehe. It's so fun tagging friends in pictures they reply to saying "OMG i can't believe you posted that picture you [email=b@st@rd]b@st@rd[/email]!!!!"

it's something to do when you're bored.

i find it a bit more "professional" than, say, hi5 or myspace or whatever, pleasant design and fun things to occupy your time.

i like to post pictures etc. so that i can access them everywhere, and it's a good way of getting some pictures of myself, as i am the one always with the camera, thus the one to be least featured at most events!

i also like finding some old friends i have lost touch with, even if it's just to say "hi". i always enjoy a nice little twist in a life story! also it's really useful when you want to reach someone but don't have their details handy.

i like adding some applications, like "what am i listening to now?" or "rock paper scissors", i enjoy teasing my friends on the graffiti wall, taking quizzes and getting news about birthdays and stuff i'd usually forget.

it's pretty comprehensive really, especially for me, as i am not a big fan of online chat and i prefer either short messages or just browsing through a profile.

that's pretty much it Confusedmile:

I love facebook. Not only is it fun by adding lots of applications for enjoyment, but I seem to be moving around a lot, so I can keep in touch with friends all over Canada.
It also serves as a notice for when friends want to do something but can't catch me on the phone or msn.
Its also useful for inviting people to events. Some of my friends from school send me notices to special lectures that I did not know about, or I get invites to parties.

A friend just got me to join a couple days ago and it is impressive. I have already met up with about four friends I lost contact with. Of those four, I wasnt that close and couldnt remember his name but he was so pleasant back to me (nice)... another was a roomie from time in Tokyo. I really didnt like him but nothing bad... and he is really nice to me too so - cool. He brought up the other roomie and he was a real looker & am hoping he joins up!

The most important find is a friend from uni days. I had left a number of phone messages with her at her parents number but never got a response and there she is on facebook. She is as happy as me to get back in touch. This woman had a major effect on me when I was coming out and stuff - like the older sister I wish I had. Very cool.

But it has only been a few days and it is already starting to get a little crowded. Someone adds a video to everyones wall then you wonder if they will get upset that you didnt comment on their video, or god forbid, remove the video from your wall... so there is still a personal learning curve for me yet.