Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Author
John Steinbeck is my favorite author...he is magical for me. I have read and reread everything he has ever written many times.

I like Terry Brooks alot too.

Yes, we can't forget John Steinbeck!

I want to post the link to a free audiobook portal .. the books are in german language but maybe the one or other is interested ....

vorleser.net

KnightShade Wrote:Plus I have written a couple of books myself. (Well the second one this year will be released in about 4 days).

CONGRATS! What kind of book?

Librivox.org has open source audio recordings in English.

OrphanPip Wrote:Librivox.org has open source audio recordings in English.

cool .. thanks for the link :-)

It's toss up between Philip K. Dick & William Gibson

Philip K. Dick is basically a god in the science fiction community, everything thing written before 1968’s Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep is irrelevant and everything written after is homage. The man wrote the rules and blazed the trailed for the rest to follow.

Philip K. Dick may be a god but William Gibson wrote the bible, of course I’m talking about 1984’s Neuromancer. A book that I personally think has the greatest opening sentence in the history of literature.

Also a quick shout out to the legendary Robert Ludlum.

I could easily have added William Gibson to my list too. Nice, Timmy Xyxthumbs

Stephen King and William Golding, got to love a classic like Lord of the Flies. Also a big George Orwell fan, 1984 is classic. Confusedmile:

KnightShade Wrote:I quit reading S.K. after I read "IT" because I knew he couldn't write a better book and I didn't want him to try.

IT was and awesome novel, but the novel I liked best was 'The Talisman', and then I read 'The Tommy Knockers' and was unimpress and it was the last Stephen King I read.