Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feeling Offended...
when i was 18 my mom figured out i was into dudes and she did not care. That was in 1985.

She probably expected worse. And was relieved.

I like a good conversation with people, but I do find that a lot of people don't really talk back...Sometimes I think I just bore the shit out of people and often don't really think about them not really having the capacity to carry on a conversation...

The other thing I notice a lot is that I'll try to throw some hooks out there to start a conversation, you know because the elevator talk gets old...

That all being said, I'm not always good at communicating either, sometimes I don't express how I feel when I really should.

I don't know that it is so extreme, yet, that people think deep communication is adding someone to your friends list and liking some posts...but it is getting that way.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

It's not something you should be offended by, and in this case I think he was just too afraid to ask. I hate seeing the word offended, people really go overboard with it over many minor things.

Confuzzled4 Wrote:It's not something you should be offended by, and in this case I think he was just too afraid to ask. I hate seeing the word offended, people really go overboard with it over many minor things.
Offended, offended, offended! [emoji8] This was just an example of how things always occur. It's a build up of people constantly asking other people about me that offends me. And the way that it all plays out. I don't know... Like someone said, it takes balls to ask. I'm thinking bout just tattooing a rainbow dick & ball sack on the side of my face. Maybe that'll end the suspense.

axle2152 Wrote:I like a good conversation with people, but I do find that a lot of people don't really talk back...Sometimes I think I just bore the shit out of people and often don't really think about them not really having the capacity to carry on a conversation...

Same here. It's really weird having a good conversation with someone when I'm the only one talking. I always thought I bored them. You just made me look at things completely differently. That damn Facebook!

Believe it or not, many people will get angry if asked. Some will even punch ya in the nose if you DARED to SUGGEST such a thing.

Why? Because society has hated the gay so long folk have good reason to come out, or worse be outted.

Ironically they most likely be offended that you would suggest we change a way of doing a thing just because you THINK the world has changed and that people don't still lose jobs, loved ones, etc because they are asked directly.

Unfortunately whilst laws change, humans simply cannot comply and change that rapidly.

i try to talk to someone today on the internet and i mentioned i had a boyfriend and they mentioned how there straightness was not negotiable in any way shape or form and that they did not want me to flirt with them. I seriously wouldn't fuck the pig with the devils dick if i had the chance. I have a boyfriend already you moron. I did not say any of that to him. I just stopped talking to him.

Yea if I wanted to know if someone was gay I would either ask an available friend or I would ease closer to the questionable individual and try and ask questions AROUND what I was looking for. Asking someone directly if their gay, well, you may "insult" allot of guys Tongue, id rather not do it but I have never asked anyone in my entire life "Are you gay?".

Once upon a time, in the long, long ago..before Twist and I were a "thing", I asked a "friend" if he was into dudes. *Chuckles*

The why of it? My reasoning? Should my gaydar have been off and I'd given him my usual, rather -aggressive- approach, things might have been rather uncomfortable for us both had he not been...accessible. Of course if he didn't dig my approach, it wouldn't have worked anyway, gay or not....but still...it was to save him(in my mind at that time) the possibility of discomfort.

I'd have rather gotten a no(which I actually did) and him stick around and let me at least WATCH him in his comfort zone than to have made things all potentially awkward.

So there's one possibility that isn't so bad on why someone would ask a friend instead of you directly.

[MENTION=20938]Gideon[/MENTION] .... Dude, your approach was overwhelming, a holy-fuck-what-the-hell-was-that kind of eye-popping, and absolutely fucking flawless. Just sayin'. And of course she told you I wasn't into guys, I was pounding the hell out of her, after all. And... as it turned out, so were you. Or she wanted you to be. (Can't remember which.)

[MENTION=22584]Justme[/MENTION] .... I would say, more than anything, for -most- its more a discomfort at the idea of confrontation. After all, that question can go -really- wrong, depending on who you're asking, yeah? It probably just feels, to many, like a safer way to approach satisfying their curiosity.

I personally would just let it go. It's human nature to avoid confrontation, and thus, this isn't something you can change because it has nothing to do with you, but has to do with -them-, yeah?