Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feeling attracted to only White men racist?
Hi guys, I have a question and I'm thinking about this often lately;

Since I know I'm gay I've only been attracted to White men as a White male myself. When I tell someone on a chat or read about it online, I often get the impression that saying you only like White men is racist. Especially on sites like askYAHOO people are very quickly to call someone racist because they only like White men/women.

What is your point of view on this subject guys? Is it fair to say someone's racist because they're only attracted to one specific racial group of men/women.

Ukliam3

No I don't think its fair to say that someone is racist just because they only find white or black or asian etc men attractive.

If you used the same argument with regards to gender then it could be said that you are sexist because you don't find women attractive!

Some people like guys with blue eyes others brown eyes. Some people like short men others tall men. Some people like guys with short hair others with long hair. What I mean is we don't all find the same type of guys attractive.

Racism is the hatred of someone of another race. Just because you are only attracted to white men, it doesn't make your racist.

No it doesnt. Being racist makes you racist.

We all have our preferences. This is your preference. I'm white male and I'm only attracted to white males as well. I just don't find black men attractive. As long as you're not hateful or dicrespectful to people of other races, you're not racist.

cant love all of gods creations but the gay community is small so if a loving confidant educated guy is Asian or Black should not be turned back.

aribc Wrote:No I don't think its fair to say that someone is racist just because they only find white or black or asian etc men attractive.

If you used the same argument with regards to gender then it could be said that you are sexist because you don't find women attractive!

Some people like guys with blue eyes others brown eyes. Some people like short men others tall men. Some people like guys with short hair others with long hair. What I mean is we don't all find the same type of guys attractive.

Racism is the hatred of someone of another race. Just because you are only attracted to white men, it doesn't make your racist.

Was going to write a whole thing... but then I realized that all my points were already covered here, so yeah... I second this :p

Attraction and racism are two different things. Your not preaching hate about someone based on race, your just not attracted to them. I mean should it be considered sexist if you are not attracted to women?

partisan Wrote:No it doesnt. Being racist makes you racist.

[Image: UmpOi.gif]

We all have our preferences and just because we tend to prefer particular types of people, be they black, Asian, slim, playful etc. it does not make us discriminatory by any means. I am not a fan of political correctness and I resent the idea that it makes you racist to prefer someone of the same 'race'.

Having said that I admit I've met one or two black and Asian people I really like. I've even been with one or two of them though I've never had any relationships with them. I wouldn't say no though. There aren't many LGBT people out there so I wouldn't rule anyone out or say no for definite.

Well it depends I guess.
If you're unattracted to them physically, or unattracted to them because of prejudices.
Most people fall into the former, which isn't racist, a few people fall into the latter which is racist.

I think that covers it pretty well...