Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feeling attracted to only White men racist?
Well, I'm only attracted to white males....and I'm Asian so......I'm being self-Racist?

Well, it's not like they are swarming to you either, so you may not even have to worry about this "racism" thing you think you have goin on and if a black man wants to date you, you simply either accept or refuse at your own discretion, simple yeah?

Whatever you're attracted to, is on you.

I personally have a preference for people of mixed origin such as myself, however will not block out other suitors and the only reason for this preference is I presume the same as for yours...it's what you understand and know best.

Unless you are judging and/or discriminating, than you are simply being a choosy bitch :p

This reminds me of this:

They explore this issue at length and with ... um, passion.

It's from a radio show from NYC called Opie & Anthony, kind of Howard Stern clone. That's Louis Ck speaking first and Patrice O'neal (in the picture) second.

Disclaimer: These guys can be quite racist, homophobic and sexist, (but in a good natured sort of way, if you can dig it) though also quite funny if you have thick skin.

stranger221 Wrote:Well, I'm only attracted to white males....and I'm Asian so......I'm being self-Racist?

It's quite possible you are a bit pre-judging at some level, though in a more positive sense. A lot of people are attracted to a certain ethnicity because they imagine certain qualities in them. For example, I've noticed that an overwhelming number of straight women and gay men attracted very much to black men imagine them very domineering & aggressive while many straight men & gay men attracted to Far East Asians believe them submissive and accommodating, and that's what they want more than the race (to them the race is the most obvious likely means of getting what they want). At a conscious level they may realize how silly that is, but I keep seeing it in how they describe their preferred lovers, and especially their fantasies (that some share obsessively, and I've seen repeated examples of both black men as rough and Asian men as submissive here on GS since I joined, btw) of preferred lovers, they have a script in mind that they associate with them.

However, that wouldn't make you bigoted.

OTOH, I do recall seeing some black men on YT say they'd only date white women, essentially because black women were shrews who got in their business and white women were people they could walk all over (they didn't put it in those words but that's what it boiled down to). THAT is racist, IMO, even if it's gender specific. Not all black women are shrews, and if they tried treating me (for the sake of argument) the way they thought they could treat white women they'd be in for a very rude awakening. Oh, and an important difference with the "submissive Asian wo/man fantasy" is that there wasn't anything particularly sexual or romantic about it, it was just that they thought they could get away with things (like running off with the guys and not coming home for a couple of days as just one example), that is it was more "pragmatic" than sexually or romantically idealized.

Naturally, people can hate their own so-called race (and own gender, sexual orientation, etc) which could affect their dating life, but that's a different (and very depressing) topic, IMO.

My boyfriend is Eurasian and attracted to white guys like me. He is not racist at all, just finds tall white guys particularly attractive. Everyone is different. I can find myself attracted to a guy of any race. For me it's not in the race so much. It's more in how they look and carry themselves. I am often attracted to mixed race guys for some reason.

All the more black men for me then. Thanks.

i think there is a huge difference between saying "i'm not attracted to ****" and "i don't find **** attractive"

for example ... if you say "i'm not attracted to black men" , that's okay . because who you're attracted to isn't something you can control and it's totally okay to not be attracted to anyone at all
but if you say "i don't find black men attractive" ... well ... that sounds so much worse . that pretty much sounds like "all black men are ugly" , which isn't really okay to say ...

so , it isn't racist to not be attracted to black men , but the way you word things is important ... and people are always gonna take things as badly as possible -__-

EuroGuy1 Wrote:Hi guys, I have a question and I'm thinking about this often lately;

Since I know I'm gay I've only been attracted to White men as a White male myself. When I tell someone on a chat or read about it online, I often get the impression that saying you only like White men is racist. Especially on sites like askYAHOO people are very quickly to call someone racist because they only like White men/women.

What is your point of view on this subject guys? Is it fair to say someone's racist because they're only attracted to one specific racial group of men/women.

Ukliam3
i guess that makes me a racist to im white and only like black men.your not racicst u like what u like.the word racist is out of control thanks

stranger221 Wrote:Well, I'm only attracted to white males....and I'm Asian so......I'm being self-Racist?

DAYUM!!!

You got CRACKA-MADNESS!!!!

LMAO

I find ignorant people have absolutely no idea the definitions of the words they use.
I also find that these morons LOVE to show off their stupidity at ever opportune moment.

Example:

I axed you a question.
Really? You took a sharp piece of metal attached to the end of a handle and chopped up a question?
Please enlighten me...exactly HOW is this done????

Here is a dictionary's definition of "racist"--

a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

Ask one of these morons who says attraction to white men is racist, EXACTLY what that means?
Because in the land of intelligence and people with some working brian cells, it makes as much sense at "I axed you a question".