Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finding an unusual instrument
I'm not a very musical person but for the first time I've found an instrument that I really, really, really would love to play. The instrument in question is the harmonium and, as it turns out, it's more or less impossible to find at a reasonable price. Almost no music shops sell harmoniums and even when you buy them second-hand they tend to be really expensive. I'm not really prepared to pay £200+ when I basically just want to try the instrument and see if I like it.

I was wondering if you know any niched online shops (within the EU, to avoid toll fees) that might have what I'm looking for. Thanks!

Yes as you say unusual and not small either with many parts… maybe ebay would be helpful. Why did you choose this instrument lol

This seems to be harmoniums for a musical performance, but I'm sure you could use it just to test it out yourself. http://harmoniumhire.co.uk/

partis Wrote:Yes as you say unusual and not small either with many parts… maybe ebay would be helpful. Why did you choose this instrument lol

I love the sound of it. It sounds like the wind! And some of my favourite artists have used harmoniums in their music Smile

findingmyway Wrote:This seems to be harmoniums for a musical performance, but I'm sure you could use it just to test it out yourself. http://harmoniumhire.co.uk/

Thanks for the link, I'll look into it! Smile

In the stateswe call those pump organs. May want to try searching that name. I am attemptingto learn to play the banjo. The one I reallywant to learn to play but have difficulty funding it for less than 1500 dollars. I love the sound of it sounds like a crying guitar. It's called a pedal steel.
[Image: pedalsteel.gif]

Have you tried places like Estate Sales, eBay, garage sales, old churches selling stuff?

You might try and place a want ad somewhere, or check some music/instrument shops to see if they know where you might find one cheap.