Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firefly returns
I just found this today.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vi...nal-633455

Is anyone else excited about the return of this awesome show? While it may not be on TV anymore, at least the story will continue beyond the end of Serenity. I may still miss the video format that it used to be, but I am definitely going to get into the comic series once it's released. This is why I love Dark Horse!

Never watched that show, but since Sheldon Cooper is always ranting about it being cancelled I'm utterly interested

southbiochem Wrote:Never watched that show, but since Sheldon Cooper is always ranting about it being cancelled I'm utterly interested

And Sheldon is never wrong. Firefly is one story you just can't miss!

I love the show! I'm just watching the Serenity right now, since I've been forgetting to do so. Firefly is an amazing show and it was really sad that Fox cancelled it. they could have done at least 2 more seasons with really interesting plots.. I remember there being multiple Firefly comics from Dark Horse that came out a while ago.

Yeah, Dark Horse did a few comics before. They were really just "filler" stories though. Nothing to get too excited about. This time around they are actually picking up the story where they left off and making a true comic series out of it.

Nice! Better subscribe to the series before it runs out of print at my local comic shop! Big Grin It's amazing that we get to read what happens after Serenity.

still baffles me why it was ever cancelled - Dark Horse did some great Kiss mags back in 2000* but don't let that put you off - guaranteed it will a great story progression

I think half the reason was that Fox aired Firefly out of order. They played the second last episode on the series premiere, and kept airing the episode out of order, which probably alienated a lot of viewers. They also placed the Firefly on extremely late show time, which made most of the viewer un-watchable because it airs really late. Either way, Fox sort of screwed the series up in a lot of ways... Sad

I dont see how it lasted as long as it did.
I tried to watch it because of all the rave reviews.
I found it extremely dull and boring.

sounds silly but maybe it may take on a life of its own like star trek did - it has lots of fans still