Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First
Hey guys. The night before last I hooked up with a guy I met online. For a long time now, I've been wanting to try being with a guy. Well, it finally happened, and I liked it. lol Anyhow, what is your all's thoughts about hooking up with "random" people you find online? It seems there would be a definite danger in it. Also, since the other night, I find myself thinking about it a lot and wanting to find another person to be with. Does anyone else on here do random hookups like this? Bad or good experiences? Please let me know. Thanks.

Hey - welcome to gayspeak!

Hook-ups are, it seems, viewed by people as either love it or hate it. Truth is as long as you are safe and you dont regret having hook ups then where is the harm?

You might have a string of hook ups and one day decide you want to settle down with a guy, or you may not - if its right for you then nobody elses opinions matter.

I have been on both sides of the coin, and can tell you both sides of that coin are good Confusedmile:

Oh, and always play safe - dont ever play the 'oh I am sure there is no risk this once' game...

Hi and Welcome :-)

Hook up´s .. ? Not mine ... never was. But if it´s Ok for you . why not :-)

I think such hook ups are totally okay as long as you are sure about what you want and as long as you are careful about how much you show of your physical self. :]

Sorry that I'm a girl and I'm answering. :redface:

SlipknotRlZZ Wrote:I think such hook ups are totally okay as long as you are sure about what you want and as long as you are careful about how much you show of your physical self. :]

Sorry that I'm a girl and I'm answering. :redface:

Girls are allowed to have opinions too!

Hey hey! Welcome to GS! Yeah, I almost met my partner (who I met online) this year. However he chickened out, bottled up some feelings, went back in the closet, etc. I would have definitely got into him and perhaps we would be still together if we met last year.

Oh, sorry! Didn't mean to offend any girls! lol I meant guys in a general sense...ugh...putting my foot in my mouth. I'll stop! lol Thanks for all the advice....people! lol

sexedboy1980 Wrote:Oh, sorry! Didn't mean to offend any girls! lol I meant guys in a general sense...ugh...putting my foot in my mouth. I'll stop! lol Thanks for all the advice....people! lol

hey, this is a gay site and I'm here at the first place, don't worry, you haven't offended me, I wrote that final sentence because I have a feeling that there is a slight difference in the point of view :]

Meeting online is one way of finding people. Keep all your wits about you though. It's usually okay, but if anything seems a bit out of place, be very wary. You'll probably develop a bit of an instinct about people if you do much of this.

I would generally advise meeting in a public place first then both of you can check the other one out and see if you want to take it further. To be honest, when I used to meet people this way several years ago the problem was more likely to be timewasters who made the arrangements and didn't show up. I suggest you don't invite someone directly to your house, but that's obviously up to you.

Of course, with hook-ups, you are going to play safe every time, right?

well I've never done one-night stands specifically, but casual friends online yes... met up a few more times.

It's a bit like junk food versus good food... Burgers sure are nice for a treat or a night, but all the time it'll make you sick inside. I think if you're an emotionally healthy person that'd be the case. Eventually you'll be snuggling after sex and think "man, I don't wanna leave in a few hours"

From my experiences I kinda enjoyed it at the time but I always felt like I was 'borrowing' a person; I'm a sappy guy so it's not in my nature to fuck people around just to get myself off. Meeting up for online sex is just like that, you're both just getting sex and nothing else and I dunno if that's a good thing but it happens.

Right now you're having fun and don't seem to regret it so go with it and stay safe. Don't go to random houses, rubber up, you're not stupid and know the drill. It's dangerous but people do it anyway, that's half of the thrill. Just be careful and make sure you really know them first Wink