Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DC’s Original Green Lantern Comes Out as Gay
[Image: alan_scott_earths_original_green_lantern_750x422_.png]
The Golden Age superhero comes out in Infinite Frontier #0

Alan Scott, the original superhero in the DC Universe to take the name The Green Lantern, is finally coming out in the comics’ mainstream continuity.

First introduced in 1940, the original version of Scott was straight and over the years, got married to two different women and even had kids. In 2012, an alternate universe version of the character was introduced into the DC Universe who was gay and had never married a woman. This will be the first time that the Golden Age version of the character is confirmed as gay.

Scott comes out in the comics in Infinite Frontier #0, written by out comics writer James Tynion IV, where he tells his twin children, Jade and Obsidian, that he’s gay. “Back in an earlier time I kept a part of myself hidden from my friends and peers,” he tells them. “I even let myself get married a few times to women I did love with all my mind, but I did that knowing there was something about myself I was hiding away.”

“I’m gay," he continues, “I let a few of the boys in the [Justice] Society know back in the day, and I’ve had a good deal of… friends over the years.”

“How incredibly brave of Alan," Wonder Woman responds.

This news comes ahead of an upcoming Green Lantern animated series coming to HBO Max, developed by Love, Simon and Arrow creator Greg Berlanti. Berlanti has called the show “the biggest DC show ever made.”

Scott is set to be one of the main characters of the 10-episode show, which is being written by Seth Grahame-Smith (The Lego Batman Movie) and Arrow co-creator Marc Guggenheim. The show will “span several decades” and “focus on two stories about Green Lanterns on Earth,” as well as stories in outer space according to HBO Max Head of Original Content Sarah Aubrey. The show will also feature other Green Lanterns like Jessica Cruz, Simon Baz, Guy Gardner, Sinestro, and Killowag.

The show has already confirmed that Scott would be gay, "true to the comics."
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.
[-] The following 1 member Likes andy's post:
  • ChadCoxRox

Better late than never and this story is not even a bit fishy.
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

I have mixed feelings about this kind of thing, I mean it's nice to see an openly gay super hero but it almost seem J.K. Rowling-ish. I would rather see a new hero or maybe one comes out that has less of a back story, plus they always drift so far away from the story in the comics when making these shows and movies.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

Now he can come back into the main story as Pink Lantern.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.
[-] The following 2 members Like Bhp91126's post:
  • ceez, ChadCoxRox

Looks like they retooled his outfit to be all green.

His original outfit was this.

[Image: i7DCL0ok_2010190708211gpadd.jpg]
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!
[-] The following 1 member Likes CellarDweller's post:
  • ChadCoxRox