Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Five Questions
Questions

1) Have you played with fire and got burned? (figuratively and in reality?)
2) What is one animated series that you could still watch now as an adult?
3) If there was the chance of a trip to see the planets of the solar system would you take it?
4) How long does it take and what kind of person can pull it off, to bring your walls down?
5) How is your relationship to your siblings, if it applies?
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

1) Have you played with fire and got burned? (figuratively and in reality?)
Nothing really comes to mind. Ive been burned sure, figuratively and literally, but not really as a result of playing with fire. I tend to stay away from the things I know I should stay away from.

2) What is one animated series that you could still watch now as an adult?
I dont know. I havent watched cartoons for a long time, and even as a kid I was never that big on them.

3) If there was the chance of a trip to see the planets of the solar system would you take it?
Id want to. But I wouldn't want to take a one way trip away from Earth. Maybe just to Mars and back or something.

4) How long does it take and what kind of person can pull it off, to bring your walls down?
Me having walls? Psht, as if. :|

5) How is your relationship to your siblings, if it applies?
I have a good relationship with my siblings. My sisters and I can be hard on eachother, but its out of love and we never stay mad at eachother for long. They are all beautiful, strong women who are way too up in my business. My brother and I have a really good connection, Ive always had a special bond with him. Even though he is pretty much non verbal, he and I have sort of our own way of communicating. He's the sibling I see the most of - he lives with my mom and I see her usually twice a week or so. My sisters are sort of scattered around with their own families and we only usually all get together on special occasions, but we are still overall a tight knit group.

1. If you could go back in time to be some sort of great explorer / adventurer, which "first" would you most want to claim (first in space, first to summit Everest, first to the North Pole, first to circumnavigate the world, and so on..) ?

2. Who was the best teacher you ever had, what subject did they teach, and what would you say to them if you saw them today?

3. Asides from family members, did in any other adults play a positive role in your upbringing?

4. You're forced to take an all expenses paid trip to NYC. What things would you most want to see and do?

5. Are you more of a literal person or an abstract person? And what about yourself brought you to that answer?

1. If you could go back in time to be some sort of great explorer / adventurer, which "first" would you most want to claim (first in space, first to summit Everest, first to the North Pole, first to circumnavigate the world, and so on..) ?
This is a bit weird, but for me it'd be the first to discover the wreck of the Titanic. I know there are some huge aspirational "firsts" like first in space etc, but I've always been interested (including before the film) about the ship and after it sank and had lain at the bottom of the ocean got so long, to discover it would for me have been a really special moment. Odd I know *shrug*
2. Who was the best teacher you ever had, what subject did they teach, and what would you say to them if you saw them today?
Mrs Jones. She taught us for English in our final year of Primary school, she just had so much passion for the subject which I saw again and again in future teachers of the subject. She was retiring the year we left, and when a teacher left an award would be named after them based on high achievement in the subject of their choice. Hers was English and I won it and it meant a lot to me. I've always loved the English language, words, roots, similarities with other languages etc. If I saw her again I'd give her a massive hug and say thank you. I'd probably not have the job I had now if I didn't go on to study English.
3. Asides from family members, did in any other adults play a positive role in your upbringing?
I've always got on well with my managers. Each one has been supportive and taught me something valuable. There was one exception but otherwise, I've been so lucky to work with such great people.
4. You're forced to take an all expenses paid trip to NYC. What things would you most want to see and do?
Ugh... It sounds awful but I'd probably just be glad to enjoy a hotel and any kind of spa thing. When I was 18 all I wanted to do was move from my low-crime, beautiful GREEN hometown to London. I did and managed a year. I live close enough to London nowadays to be able to get there in 30 minutes, yet not have to endure the shallow, touristy, concrete busy bustle every day. I can imagine New York would be the same. I'd probably visit some restaurants. I'd rather go somewhere with natural beauty.
5. Are you more of a literal person or an abstract person? And what about yourself brought you to that answer?
Hmmm. Abstract. I hate 'filler' conversation/chit chat eg taxi drivers and hairdresser conversation. People come to me for new ideas. My sense of humour is random. I tend to say it as my mind has worked it out rather than how it is. I look up when I'm speaking sometimes as I imagine what I'm talking about. I like ugly things, knick knacks and junk.

To you:
1) What was the last compliment you received?
2) What was the last thing you cooked that was awful?
3) If you were made redundant with two years' pay, would you look for another job straight away or do something else?
4) Would you rather inherit a cafe, a zoo or a field?
5) Name one thing you hope you will have achieved by this time next week.
Gossip is the Devil’s telephone; best just to hang up.

1) What was the last compliment you received?
Last week my research advisor told me my work was exceptional.

2) What was the last thing you cooked that was awful?
I fixed a turkey breast this past weekend for lunches this week but I wanted the first meal from it to be turkey, mashed potatoes and carrots. I wanted to thicken the juice to make a gravy, didn’t know how much flour to add and didn’t want to call my mom or grandmother so I didn't measure, just put a couple of spoonfuls — it clumped, I kept trying to smash the clumps but that didn’t work so I was looking for a mini strainer that I knew I had, but forgot to reduce the heat, the “gravy” boiled over. After much swearing, I strained what was left in the pot, but it was still thin. By then my turkey was cold and dry, my carrots overcooked and the boiling hot gravy was still thin. Definitely awful. :redface:

3) If you were made redundant with two years' pay, would you look for another job straight away or do something else?
Two years pay? I think I would be upset enough and would want to take some time to think and chill. I would set a time limit on this “me-time” and put as much as I could of the pay into savings, and then look for another job.

4) Would you rather inherit a cafe, a zoo or a field?
Definitely a field. Smile

5) Name one thing you hope you will have achieved by this time next week.
I’m a bit stressed and nervous about a few things right now, so I would hope to rebalance myself, focus and achieve some inner peace by this time next week.

Questions:

1. If you could simply take six months off from your regular life, what would you do in that time?
2. What would you do/how would you handle if the person you are dating told you he will always have some feelings for his ex?
3. What are your hobbies?
4. Is your clothes closet well organized or do you have to watch for things falling on you when you open the door?
5. What was your worse laundry mishap?

Alto Wrote:1. If you had to act a part in a play who would you be?
2. If you could travel forward to any year what year would you go to?
3. What is your favourite Brit flick?
4. What do you think is one of the most recorded unexplainable event in history?
5. If you were bitten by a zombie would you rather be killed or become a zombie?

hahaha, yeah I get you, I hate answering "hobbies" questions

1.- Mr. Barahona from "La Negra Ester"
2.- 2020 and check what the hell it is I'm doing, go back and change what needs to be changed.
3.- Trainspotting
4.- I dunno, Roswell?
5.- I would rip the zombie's head out before it had a change at biting me

1.- What kind of topography would be your ideal to have around?
2.- Would you rather spend a month of work in a reserach facility in the middle of Sahara Desert or in Antarctica?
3.- If you were to be given a nice castle whcih one woulkd you pick?
4.- What do you think is great abut where you live and what could improve there?
5.- D you find yourself contemplating often about one thing you vould change about your life? What is it?

Insertnamehere Wrote:hahaha, yeah I get you, I hate answering "hobbies" questions

1.- What kind of topography would be your ideal to have around?
2.- Would you rather spend a month of work in a reserach facility in the middle of Sahara Desert or in Antarctica?
3.- If you were to be given a nice castle whcih one woulkd you pick?
4.- What do you think is great abut where you live and what could improve there?
5.- D you find yourself contemplating often about one thing you vould change about your life? What is it?

1. A tranquil woods surrounded by mountains and lakes

2.Antarctica, because I guess there is also aurora to see is it?

3. I don't know much about castle. Just give me one that is clean, smells good, inside a wood surrounded by mountains and lakes and is not haunted.

4. Foreigners told me "you can always find something to do in Hong Kong" I guess that's right. But on the contrary, It's too noisy and sometimes I just want to live in a place with less people and better air for a period of time.

5 .Would keep my online writing habit and make a blog of it. If I just continued to do that there could have been much more opportunities opened for me.

---

1. Do you want to make contact with aliens and why?

2. The weirdest food you think you have ever tried?

3. You can only choose one partner for the rest of your life, which one would you choose? You love him / her > He / she loves you, or He / she loves you > you love him / her? Why?

4. "A true friend can never eventually become a lover. Those that become a lover, were always at a different position from the other friends deep in your heart" Agree or not?

5. Do you think plants possess the means to detect, react and communicate with the surroundings / other plants which is not understandable by the nowadays knowledge? Do you think plants also have feelings? Why or why not?

Alto Wrote:[COLOR="Blue"]1. What has been your greatest culinary disaster?

2. What is your favourite Denzel Washington movie?

3. Name 3 modes of transport on which you would love to see the world?

4. What has been your greatest hair disaster?

5. If you had a personal zoo, name 5 animals you would like to keep? [/COLOR]

1.- Overuse of nutmeg
2.- Hurricane
3.- Ship, bike, train
4.- non-existent
5.- A bunch of Cobras, Siberian tiger, Panda bear, any eagle, shark

1.- How many times did you embarrass yourself this week?
2.- How wet or dry are you at the moment?
3.- Have you had any major surgeries?
4.- How many books do you have at your house?
5.- If I was visiting you, which one would you pick for me to read?