Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flowers
Hi Guys,

I would like to know whether these flowers are available (in florist shops) outside Asia?
(USA, Canada, Europe, Africa etc.)

1) Water Lily

[Image: sacred_lotus.jpg]

2) Jasmine

[Image: Jasmine-Flower-Seeds-1-pack-about-30-pie...arden-.jpg]

3) Chrysanthemum
[Image: 8797038051358.jpg]

Are the flowers expensive at the florist?

These flowers are widely available in most Asian countries and their price is quite affordable. Smile

Hi Bluedragon: All three of those are cultivated in Europe. The first one is not a lotus but a water lily. Don't know if the first two are widely sold in florists but they're available, the chrysanthemums most certainly are. Sorry, I can't say anything about prices.

Below is a photo of a lotus flower.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

LONDONER Wrote:Hi Bluedragon: All three of those are cultivated in Europe. The first one is not a lotus but a water lily. Don't know if the first two are widely sold in florists but they're available, the chrysanthemums most certainly are. Sorry, I can't say anything about prices.

Below is a photo of a lotus flower.

Sorry for the mistake Londoner. I have editted it aready Smile Thanks Smile

everything is available in Europe. we have plants and flowers from the rainforests of Brazil, native plants from Australia, Africa, Asia. and if something is out of stock you can order it. it's not a problem in Europe. you can get everything. this summer was the first time i did a little landscaping in the form of plants in my yard and i had palm trees native to Asia (China), various Brazilian rain forest plants, the Japanese Sago palm, and some Australian plants installed. it's just an example, but in Europe you really have access to everything that has ever been commercialized. of course, if it's some rare plant sitting in the deep forests of China that nobody's ever heard before, that's a different story.

i have no idea what these things cost but flower prices usually range from 2-7 EUR a piece. potted versions are also available, price depends on how mature the plant is.

Jasmine and the Chrysanthemun grow in Europe by the way. when i was growing up we had several Jasmine trees.

bluedragon Wrote:Sorry for the mistake Londoner. I have editted it aready Smile Thanks Smile

No need for an apology, I just thought that I'd put the record straight.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I have all three growing in my yard/garden...

Not blooming currently though...

For that I would have to go to a nursery which forces them to bloom out of season.

As for prices? I have no idea, I haven't bought flowers from a florist in decades. I used to buy flowers from street vendors and that was back in the day when a dollar was actually worth something.

Chrysanthemum are available in our supermarket so I widely available in uk even to my limited flower knowlage - roughly £5 a bunch for I guess around 10 to 15 flowers just by looking