Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free MMO on steam - War Thunder
Anyone currently playing this?

I started recently under recommendation from friends and I am wasting so much of my life on it.

Currently in open beta, only aircraft are available at the moment, however ground and naval forces are there and just manned by AI. Very enjoyable WW2 war simulator.

Easiest way to explain it? it is like having battlegrounds or arenas in WoW but war fighting. Give it a try if you like flying, I expect that the ground forces will make it similar to world of tanks but more rounded in warfare.

The dog fighting can be extremely high paced as well, though can be aggravating. My bomber lost altitude and 4 spitfires started tag-teaming me. Dropped 3 of them from my turret gunners but they got my rudder and engines in the end.

[Image: war_thunder_screen3.jpg]

[Image: 8462252136_e0c36864f4_h.jpg]

Huh. That looks like a nice flight simulator. I hear that Ace Combat Assualt Horizon is also good. Is this game online?

Waylon777 Wrote:Huh. That looks like a nice flight simulator. I hear that Ace Combat Assualt Horizon is also good. Is this game online?

I don't know about ace combat, but War Thunder is a free download on steam, for play online only. From memory it is about 8-9gb.

I might try this out sometime Smile

Waylon777 Wrote:Huh. That looks like a nice flight simulator. I hear that Ace Combat Assualt Horizon is also good. Is this game online?

after having a look at ace combat assault horizon, it looks fun but a little more arcade style.

War Thunder seems to be very period correct with WWII, even having historical battles such as the assault on Peleileu (sp?)

good music and feel to the trailer as well