Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freeware Games?
Other than minecraft, are there any building type games that are freeware and can be played on my computer (not online games)?

I recently went to Abandonia and got myself a copy of SimFarm and then I started looking around to see if there was a SimFarm 2 or later revised game (I can't find it if it exists).

While I have Simcity4 (Rushhour), Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 and Spore (All of the expansion Packs) I can't get my partner's computer to open its DVD/CDROM tray. (I fear my computer will be down and out for a while longer).

Simcity, Rollercoaster Tycoon, Spore, SimFarm - these are the sorts of games I like - you build stuff and the object of the game isn't to pick up a weapon and start killing (I hate those kinds of games).

Any suggests (other than minecraft - I actually dislike that game - a lot)?

Dwarf Fortress is..perhaps not what you're looking for...
It not exactly simple. nor visually impressive...

Apart from that, that's all i can think of freeware wise.:redface:
At least as of now...

I'm guess you're not into old game console emulation at all?
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Are you into The Sims? You can get the old ones (2) for fairly cheap now. 3 has an expanded open neighborhood feature, but a lot of people don't like the way they look.

On a HTC if you got one go to the market and you can play a free game known as my country it is a sim city kind of buildiong game...

try this Bowyn....its a quite large list...I hope you find something there to your liking Confusedmile:

Minecraft is freakin' wonderful by the way! :biggrin: I'd like to see some of your creations sometime

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fre...ideo_games

Have you tried to get a pin into the dvdrom tray , it has a tiny hole and should release it.

If you're not above piracy you can download Daemon Tools to emulate a disk drive and pirate the computer games.

Not that I condone such activity.

Try Terraria.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Other than minecraft, are there any building type games that are freeware and can be played on my computer (not online games)?

I recently went to Abandonia and got myself a copy of SimFarm and then I started looking around to see if there was a SimFarm 2 or later revised game (I can't find it if it exists).

While I have Simcity4 (Rushhour), Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 and Spore (All of the expansion Packs) I can't get my partner's computer to open its DVD/CDROM tray. (I fear my computer will be down and out for a while longer).

Simcity, Rollercoaster Tycoon, Spore, SimFarm - these are the sorts of games I like - you build stuff and the object of the game isn't to pick up a weapon and start killing (I hate those kinds of games).

Any suggests (other than minecraft - I actually dislike that game - a lot)?

I played spore a bit but got sick. Tbh I'm not a massive game player but if one catches my fancy.

Genersis Wrote:Dwarf Fortress is..perhaps not what you're looking for...
It not exactly simple. nor visually impressive...

Apart from that, that's all i can think of freeware wise.:redface:
At least as of now...

I'm guess you're not into old game console emulation at all?

The only shooter I ever liked was Asteroids. No we are not talking the new 3D shooter with all of the bells and whistles - we are talking the one where your ship is a simple triangular arrowhead.

The only problem I would have with Dwarf Fortress is that is graphics is composed of symbols. I don't do patterns like that well - my mind tends to want to read the letters/symbols and not focus on the image :tongue:

I have Simfarm, Sim Earth (classic games in my opinion).

I even like Farmville to a point - that point being I hate all of the pop-ups and 'share' and 'ask friends'. My original farm is pretty large and I have lots of buildings and fences and trees. I enjoy spending hours redesigning the look of my farm.

So if there was a game where the focus was on artsy fartsy laying out esthetically pleasing stuff I would be all into it.