Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freeware Games?
BeautifulBlue Wrote:Are you into The Sims? You can get the old ones (2) for fairly cheap now. 3 has an expanded open neighborhood feature, but a lot of people don't like the way they look.

I have the original 'The Sims' disk. I liked the game - as long as I was building houses. Training and ordering sims about to do stuff was tedious.

Rainbowmum Wrote:Have you tried to get a pin into the dvdrom tray , it has a tiny hole and should release it.

Hey!

Yes indeed there is a microscopic tiny hole. It took a magnify lens and a strong flashlight to find it.

And I have the tray door open!

Now I can load up (or try to load up) some of my old games on this machine.

SimCity 4 here I come!

Thanks.

Terraria looks interesting, but I wanted free games.

If it costs a dime to go around the world I couldn't afford to get out the front door right now.

wintermoon Wrote:try this Bowyn....its a quite large list...I hope you find something there to your liking Confusedmile:

Minecraft is freakin' wonderful by the way! :biggrin: I'd like to see some of your creations sometime

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fre...ideo_games

Well at least going through the list will keep me busy for a while.

I'll see what I can pull from it.

Thanks

And thanks to everyone else for your help.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:The only shooter I ever liked was Asteroids. No we are not talking the new 3D shooter with all of the bells and whistles - we are talking the one where your ship is a simple triangular arrowhead.

The only problem I would have with Dwarf Fortress is that is graphics is composed of symbols. I don't do patterns like that well - my mind tends to want to read the letters/symbols and not focus on the image :tongue:

I have Simfarm, Sim Earth (classic games in my opinion).

I even like Farmville to a point - that point being I hate all of the pop-ups and 'share' and 'ask friends'. My original farm is pretty large and I have lots of buildings and fences and trees. I enjoy spending hours redesigning the look of my farm.

So if there was a game where the focus was on artsy fartsy laying out esthetically pleasing stuff I would be all into it.
Who said anything about shooters?Rolleyes

Hmmm.
The only games i know of that i can think of are paid for games.

I'm afraid building games are few and far between unfortunately.:frown:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I have the original 'The Sims' disk. I liked the game - as long as I was building houses. Training and ordering sims about to do stuff was tedious.

Number 3 really improved their interaction system, so they're a lot more independent now, do things on their own, that sort of thing.

Abandonia has the original Civilization game. You get to build the world!

Might I also suggest Pokemon, if you're into monster-raising games? I have many fond memories of growing up with them, but I get that they're not everybody's cup of tea.