Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freinds online
Hello,Kept being told to interduce myself,
I go by the name Mike.Im 53.New to gayspeak.
Since my youngest is bi.And I am the onlyone that knows.
I told her to get connected here.
Woundering whats the deal with our people that support gay rights.
My daughter informed me people are still fired for being gay.
What the (π^°€√π||`)Stonewall faught for rights.
And the same sex seems to drown our resources to stop
Such discremination.
Why are we setting back and not standing up for
the most importan right we NEED MOST.
We can't cry out we want same sex rights.And turn to fined we
NO FN JOB TO SUPPORT THAT MARRIAGE.
A bill needs to be PASSED to stop suchdescrimination.
And stop THE MY RELIGOUS RIGHTS ARE DENIED IF I CAN NOT
FIRE SO &SO.
Are you serious.
What a "CLAIMED RELIGOUS FREEDOM
IS MORE INPORTANT THAN THE RIGHT TO
SUPPORT ONES SELF.
AS WILL AS OUR RIGHT TO BE
WHO WE ARE"
We are still beating eavh other over the head
with the Bible.
We have enough in congress ( minus SOME republicans)
To get our president to signe the bill for ALL
TO HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE OURSELFS WIRH OUT FEAR.

I can only speak for the UK but I really don't see such issues here. I've not come across anyone being fired because of their sexuality because it will result in a hefty legal case which Im sure nobody in their right mind would want. Recently same sex marriage has been legalised here so thats something quite big I guess. I honestly believe that when the older generation starts to pass away we will see some big changes because the younger generation has grown up with gay being normal and not a choice. Im not saying everyone older has issues but it isn't what most as used to I guess?
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

At present,, in the United States, we have religious right wing politicians who are trying to pass laws that would allow christians to discriminate against LGBT people.

These laws are being promoted as "protecting religious freedom". But what it really means is,,,, Religious people want to retain the right to discriminate even though it is illegal for everyone else.

As an example: A Bakery can refuse to sale cupcakes to LGBT personnel - if they say "it's against their religious beliefs"....

In my opinion,,, it's an evil law and the people promoting it are evil.
We Have Elvis !!

jimcrackcorn Wrote:As an example: A Bakery can refuse to sale cupcakes to LGBT personnel - if they say "it's against their religious beliefs"....

In my opinion,,, it's an evil law and the people promoting it are evil.

Agreed......are they refusing to sell to women who have had abortions or divorced people, or reformed criminals?

Nope, just the gays.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

What Marky say's is true with regards to the UK,we now virtually have all the same rights as everyone else.
Laws regarding employment where increased in 2010. so now no one no matter their sexuality can be discriminated in any way in a work place ,these issues are taken very seriously by employers.

Sadly some discrimination and a shortage of understanding does still exist as a whole,but things are much better than they used to be in the past when you could have gone to prison for being gay.

Things are better but still not perfect.

As a gay man yes I am upset that a person would dislike me because I happen to have the potential to fall in love with a man, however as a man of faith I wouldn't be to terribly pleased to be forced to do something which is against my own personal system of beliefs either.

I am allowed to express my own personal religious beliefs.

I am also allowed to say pretty much anything I want to without fear of being thrown in prison. I can have strong opinions about government and other people, express it and know that I will not be censured.

The price of these rights and living in a nation that has 313.9 million people with the same rights is that there is going to be conflict and someone is going to be 'offended' by the expression of those rights/freedoms of an ideology that is opposite to their own.

Personally, I just boycott those places that refuse to serve my people (Gay Elves). I allow them to have exactly that which they want.

I am not pleased when some 'christian' walks up to me and starts forcing their insane interpretation of The Word of God on me. So I can pretty much imagine what it is like to have some gay push their ideologies on them.

Forcing people to accept other people just does not work. Ask our African American Brothers and Sisters just how well that has worked.

I would rather that a law be passed where a business must post it clearly that 'No Gays Allowed' at the entrance of their business.

Why? Because with 52% of the currently population expressing acceptance and tolerance of LGBT I pretty much know that a lot more people will just stop doing business with a business that is intolerant - thus the power of economics will kick in and do far much more mind changing than having a law that orders people to accept LGBT and serve them.

Besides - I prefer to go through life knowing where it is that I am welcomed and where I am not welcomed. I would just rather not be around people who have issues with me.

The only thing I've really experienced in regards to people being homophobic in work are just some jokes and comments like one guy said all gays are easy and just into sex and have been since the late nineties the words he used weren't that polite - but daily the same group are constantly dissing women and straight relationships so I guess in one way its great they feel its nothing different so rip into it - but at the same time when does it class as being homophobic?
[/COLOR]

Marky Wrote:The only thing I've really experienced in regards to people being homophobic in work are just some jokes and comments like one guy said all gays are easy and just into sex and have been since the late nineties the words he used weren't that polite - but daily the same group are constantly dissing women and straight relationships so I guess in one way its great they feel its nothing different so rip into it - but at the same time when does it class as being homophobic?

Yes jokes abound aplenty in a work place,and in my last three work places there was a lot going around,but you learn to go with it and roll with the jokes as you know that are not meant to be offensive.

When is it classed as homophobic?
Bit of a grey area,but if you find it offensive,or it is targeted at you in a vindictive way then i would class it as homophobic.

Wolfpack Wrote:When is it classed as homophobic?
Bit of a grey area,but if you find it offensive,or it is targeted at you in a vindictive way then i would class it as homophobic.

See thats the hardest thing. To me some of it I do wonder if its borderline, but most of it I know is messing however - when they stand around saying the same about girls as they do with gay guys should I really take it offensive? All they are doing is making it normal I guess? I do think if the wrong person overheard it could blow up due to sensitivity.
[/COLOR]