Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Funny Gay Commercial, check it out! haha
Why can't we have good McDonald's adverts like that in the UK?

I quite frankly find our ones bloody annoying.:redface:
(Along with 99% of adverts)
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

An Al Qaeda Ad.... now that would be funny. Smile

Genersis Wrote:Why can't we have good McDonald's adverts like that in the UK?

I quite frankly find our ones bloody annoying.:redface:
(Along with 99% of adverts)

Prob the same reason we don't in the us and I couldn't tell you what that is.

Probably because France is the land of romantic ecstasy, and America is the land of freedom? They both want to protect what they're known for. France has just figured out that allowing gay people to love each other doesn't threaten their tag line. America has turned 'freedom' into something synonymous with 'hivemind'. It's almost like a religion, where instead of calling what we're worshiping 'God', we're calling it 'freedom', and just like every religious atrocity ever committed, we're playing to the emotions of the idiotic masses and twisting the inherently innocent meaning of our subject into a processor for our prejudices, which we use to oppress those who do not conform to the hivemind, rendering the fact that we are 'protecting freedom' highly ironic.

Or maybe France is just full of godless homo-sympathizers who want to take our freedom. idk.

musicman2229 Wrote:Probably because France is the land of romantic ecstasy, and America is the land of freedom? They both want to protect what they're known for. France has just figured out that allowing gay people to love each other doesn't threaten their tag line. America has turned 'freedom' into something synonymous with 'hivemind'. It's almost like a religion, where instead of calling what we're worshiping 'God', we're calling it 'freedom', and just like every religious atrocity ever committed, we're playing to the emotions of the idiotic masses and twisting the inherently innocent meaning of our subject into a processor for our prejudices, which we use to oppress those who do not conform to the hivemind, rendering the fact that we are 'protecting freedom' highly ironic.

There's a long tradition of that. For example, the Texians (no, that's not misspelled) made a big deal about fighting for liberty from Mexico, but in practice they were actually fighting to own slaves (they'd join the South in the Civil War for the same reason later on), not to mention ban any form of interracial marriage, screw over the Cherokee, etc. And Texas continues that proud tradition, from fundie Christian groups trying to impose their religion on the unwilling (like the Liberty Legal Institute that made an East Texas school change their crossdressing day into dressing as soldiers for "camo day") to Rick Perry talking about how smacking down the gays, banning sex toys, and interfering with a woman's right to choose (and I can list other things as well that I consider anti-liberty) makes Texas the great state of liberty.

In my book, people advocating liberty means full equality under the law for all. My view is that when there's no equality under law then liberty becomes dominion, and justice becomes oppression. Dominion and liberty are not the same thing in my book, but they are the same thing for all too many others.

And though I could easily add more, I won't since I don't want to wander beyond why such an ad is unlikely to air in the "land of the free" (especially Texas).

here here sister! I go to school in Houston btw

The boy in MC is so cute. But I do wonder, what does it relate to the products?

Oops! Deleted.