Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Funny tech conversations with parents / grandparents
Probably a lot of people know this situation, when you are talking about "new" technologies and the older generations have issues to understand, but for you it turns out funny (or exhausting).
My dad still doesn't know that the triangle showing to the right means "play", even though he used camcorders in the 80s. He just won't get it that it's a universal symbol for all devices.

Today's highlight... I'm 39, my parents are 78/80:

Me: "Dad, what's your email password?"
Dad: "I don't have one."
Mum: "Me neither."

:biggrin:

My mom secretly wants to trade her iPhone back to A Motorola Razr..

My dad is a little younger (66) and had to use email at work until he retired, so he has email and his own laptop....however, he still calls me almost every day to ask me to "Google something" for him. Apparently he cannot "Google it" himself because it is "too much information" for him to sort through....

Year-before-last, I got my mother an iPad for Christmas....but she insists on continuing her use of AOL for her email, even if that means paying $5 a year to keep that useless crap active...

~Beaux

I'm not sure I find it funny... but if I have to explain how to copy and paste to my mother one more time, I may snap. She's only 45 for goodness sake, she can't even use the "age excuse" :'(

Anocxu Wrote:My mom secretly wants to trade her iPhone back to A Motorola Razr..

A Razr would be too high tech for my dad

Another one from a few years ago...

dad: "So where do you insert an mp3 into the computer?"

Making fun of people For not knowing what you know is not nice.

Scootaloo Wrote:A Razr would be too high tech for my dad
Lmao...

Its just intimidation for most folks..

I never understood how folks could drive around a car and be terrified of a phone or computer...

"For the last time Mom"..!!!'
"Siri does not have an attitude "

You know that really funny one about how younger people don't get that older people don't get it. And how those younger people will one day BE the older people who don't get it, and then they will be faced with younger people who don't get that they don't get it. That's hilarious.

I can empathize. I just don't need a lot of that stuff so I don't bother to learn it. Facebook repels me. Twitter is beyond me and I still know how to write letters on paper. I don't have a smart phone because I can't afford it. I do like my dumb phone because it is set up so that I only need to pay about $25 per year for service.
I bid NO Trump!