Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAGA overrated?
I don't care for her. She reminds me considerably of Madonna; my opinion, take it or leave it. The only song I've ever gotten into by her was "Alejandro", but because I'm not THAT fond of her, I always pronounce it with respect to the English pronunciation of the letters. If you're confused, think of it as pronouncing the "j" as "j", not "h".
Other than that, the eccentric-for-shock-value stuff gets annoying.

Psyche2011 Wrote:I don't care for her. She reminds me considerably of Madonna; my opinion, take it or leave it. The only song I've ever gotten into by her was "Alejandro", but because I'm not THAT fond of her, I always pronounce it with respect to the English pronunciation of the letters. If you're confused, think of it as pronouncing the "j" as "j", not "h".
Other than that, the eccentric-for-shock-value stuff gets annoying.

I misspoke. In relation to how I pronounce "Alejandro", it's because that's how I first pronounced it when I saw it, though in public, I'll try and pronounce it "properly". Sometimes, I can say the silliest things. Headscratch

I think that she's turning into some what of a "cult leader" figure and some gay men would legitly kill for her. I think that's ridiculous. And I really liked her Fame and Fame Monster albums but Born This Way is eh. My biggest beef with her is that she can actually sing really well and has a good voice but she does all this alternative stuff and yes that's her style but I think if started straight singing more she would widen her fan base.

Dillon Wrote:I think that she's turning into some what of a "cult leader" figure and some gay men would legitly kill for her. I think that's ridiculous. And I really liked her Fame and Fame Monster albums but Born This Way is eh. My biggest beef with her is that she can actually sing really well and has a good voice but she does all this alternative stuff and yes that's her style but I think if started straight singing more she would widen her fan base.
I see anything wrong with she does all of the extra stuff. People, she has a life besides being a singer.
I really don't understand GLBT community, you scream out that everyone hates you for being gay. When someone tries to help, you talk crap about them.
I don't care if what she does is real or fake. Facts are: she donated a shit load of money for good cause and she certainly has raised the awareness to the heterosexual community that someone out there is suffering from discrimination.

As for widen her fan base: her new album just became the best selling album in 20 different countries last week. Certainly, not only gay people buy her album.

I love Lady Gaga so i would say No she's not overrated - her new album rocks! lol

I just bought a new T-shirt with her face on it and written born this way Big Grin I loved it!
And i agree with posterpicture as long as she offers money and try to make people understand that homosexuality is not what they thing i dont care if she is fake or not

Gpbi Wrote:I just bought a new T-shirt with her face on it and written born this way Big Grin I loved it!
And i agree with posterpicture as long as she offers money and try to make people understand that homosexuality is not what they thing i dont care if she is fake or not

hey i think i know that shirt Confusedmile: is it topman?

Gabbyboy Wrote:hey i think i know that shirt Confusedmile: is it topman?

Well in Greece is Zara (spanish brand) maybe there is topman too, you have to buy it!!!

Dont even know who you are on about, I live in a cave lol!!

As far as I know, GaGa writes and composes her own music. I know she can play the piano as well. So, in my opinion, she's got some real damn fine talent.

I like the sound of her music too, and her voice. My main problem is that I just don't understand her at all a lot of the time. I don't get what she's trying to say, if she's trying to say anything at all.

And her over the top fashion style is pretty out there, but I think that's more of an attention getting ploy and it works.