Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gallup Poll
Gallup have released the results of a fascinating new poll. They simply asked people via a telephone poll what proportion of Americans they thought were lesbian or gay. A majority thought that at least 20% are.

Where do these people think all these gays and lesbians live? How big do they think gay villages are? Or perhaps they reckon quite a few people they know are secretly gay?

Also even amongst those interviewees who said they thought gay sex should be illegal, a majority thought at least 20% of Americans are gay or lesbian.

I'd love to read all your thoughts on the matter.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Bizarre. Intuitively you'd think it would go around the broadly publicized 10% figure instead of such a high amount.

It's a difficult thing to measure though, studies recently consistently place the rate between 2-5%, and the percentage of people who have had same-sex sexual relations but do not necessarily identify as LGBT at around 10%.

i wish the population was 50% gay haha

flyboy Wrote:i wish the population was 50% gay haha

Don't you like being special? Wink

marshlander Wrote:Don't you like being special? Wink

Being gay's only part of what makes us special Wink haha My gaydar tells me that every guy i find attractive is gay. Not acurate AT ALL.

i love being gay .im same like other gaypeple

The true sexuality of the world - Probably around 25% straight, 25% gay, 40% bi and 10% don't known. (No poll was done to arrive at these stats but maybe some common sense used)

Will we really known who is what, do we really need to know. Can we all just enjoy life and live in peace with each other.

I'm by no means an expert, but in the beginning sociology class I took my second year of college they talked about sampling and surveys, and one of the points they made was that any type of study where the only data you have to go on is respondents answering questions turthfully, with no measurable intrinsic data, your study will always have a questionable result. Since there is no way to quantify who is gay or who is straight, any survey will always be problematic. That being said, I think the 10% figure sounds realistic to me.
Richard

flyboy Wrote:i wish the population was 50% gay haha

yeah and i also wish we have our own country

Weird XD Its Gallup though