Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gamping--Gay Camping!
Ok...so my husband apparently loves going camping. Idk why. Anyway, his birthday was last weekend and he wanted to go camping but the weather was so awful last weekend we decided to wait till this weekend which promised better weather. SO...yesterday while he was at work, I packed up all the supplies we need for a weekend in the woods, I loaded the tent, camp stove, dry goods, ice chest, and all the goodies and when he got home from work we threw the dogs into my truck and headed out to a LGBT Camp Ground in Georgia!
Traffic was AWFUL, so we didn't actuall get here and start setting up until around 10pm, but by midnight we were all unloaded. Right in time too, because it started lightly raining. Sleeping in the tent in the rain was nice....but it is still raining...in fact POURING DOWN. We are in the tent on our IPads. Tell me again why we did this..? lol
~Beaux

Beaux Wrote:Ok...so my husband apparently loves going camping. Idk why. Anyway, his birthday was last weekend and he wanted to go camping but the weather was so awful last weekend we decided to wait till this weekend which promised better weather. SO...yesterday while he was at work, I packed up all the supplies we need for a weekend in the woods, I loaded the tent, camp stove, dry goods, ice chest, and all the goodies and when he got home from work we threw the dogs into my truck and headed out to a LGBT Camp Ground in Georgia!
Traffic was AWFUL, so we didn't actuall get here and start setting up until around 10pm, but by midnight we were all unloaded. Right in time too, because it started lightly raining. Sleeping in the tent in the rain was nice....but it is still raining...in fact POURING DOWN. We are in the tent on our IPads. Tell me again why we did this..? lol
~Beaux
To have a nice weekend together... In the pouring rain you can feel all cuddly and no one will hear you whimpering... or moaning.

Motel 6 is camping. Anything less is just barbaric. Wink

I've done it... it's ok, but not a huge fan -especially if the weather is crappy. I'm not a fan of roughing it, but camp fires are nice.

Beaux Wrote:Sleeping in the tent in the rain was nice....but it is still raining...in fact POURING DOWN. We are in the tent on our IPads. Tell me again why we did this..? lol
~Beaux

because it's fun. Smile

it takes you out of your comfort zone. out of the familiar safe environment. out of the environment you're used to and know how to navigate/function in/manipulate. this not being so here, will provide an opportunity to discover (not just the environment but yourself), it'll put you into a whole new perspective, and you might find out things about yourself you didn't even know where there.

a guy needs to get out of his comfort zone every once in a while and face (challenging) circumstances he rarely faces/has never faced. it does the mind some good, that's my opinion.

when i graduated from high school i took the whole summer to hitchhike across Europe alone. taught me a lot. added a whole new perspective, and made me discover things about myself i never knew were there. i sort of got in touch with myself on a level that would never have happened without such an experience. putting yourself out there into the unknown, the new environment and how you adapt to it....tells you a lot about yourself. that doesn't happen in a tourist bus where everything is physically safe and familiar and provided for.

this is one of the reasons i want to participate in the Dakar Rally. going out there and managing the environment --often harsh environment-- i've never been in, and doing it completely on my own. it's an intense physical experience.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

I can stay home and pitch tent, thank you....[Image: tumblr_nd9f8hioEC1qb18qmo1_r2_500.jpg]

But who would want to miss a morning shower al fresco....[Image: 247488866_8387eaa0cd.jpg]

Beaux Wrote:Ok...so my husband apparently loves going camping. Idk why. Anyway, his birthday was last weekend and he wanted to go camping but the weather was so awful last weekend we decided to wait till this weekend which promised better weather. SO...yesterday while he was at work, I packed up all the supplies we need for a weekend in the woods, I loaded the tent, camp stove, dry goods, ice chest, and all the goodies and when he got home from work we threw the dogs into my truck and headed out to a LGBT Camp Ground in Georgia!
~Beaux

You are there together so you can make the most of it Wink OR run naked in the rain!

I'm jelous, Beaux. I actually think camping is fun and for some of the reasons that Meridannight lists. I also just like being outside, so I prefer to backpack in to a site and set up with lightweight gear. No ice chest, so I have to drink the bourbon straight and hot. Trouble is I can't pull it off physically these days. Every once in a while I think about setting up my stuff in the backyard like some camping version of a model railroad.

Now as for you playing with your iPad while you are marooned in the tent, maybe we should talk. This is not the time for video games, dude.
I bid NO Trump!

A campfire will be nice.[Image: photo-753544.jpg?w=475]

LJay Wrote:I'm jelous, Beaux. I actually think camping is fun and for some of the reasons that Meridannight lists. I also just like being outside, so I prefer to backpack in to a site and set up with lightweight gear. No ice chest, so I have to drink the bourbon straight and hot. Trouble is I can't pull it off physically these days. Every once in a while I think about setting up my stuff in the backyard like some camping version of a model railroad.

Now as for you playing with your iPad while you are marooned in the tent, maybe we should talk. This is not the time for video games, dude.
... what I was hinting at, earlier, [MENTION=20933]LJay[/MENTION]..

i love camping and to be there with your hubby makes you so lucky.........now put down the ipads and enjoy the great outdoors with each other - or just have a cosy time in the tent chatting the time away - cant wait for the UK to warm up a little so I can get my tent out.

Does he appreciate the birthday trip even with a little rain ??