Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay Agnostic in a Christian Family
Why are you agnostic?

Is it because the way Christians have treated you and the behaviors they seem to enjoy? Or do you truly not know there is a higher power/God?

If its the first part, I assure you, many so called Christians are in for a very rude awaking come the final trump. Not only will they discover that they have spent all that time in hell (the grave) and didn't go directly to heaven, did not collect $200.00, they are also going to discover that damnation is reserved for very few humans and nearly every homosexual, bi-sexual and everyone else they were opposed to in life is going to be there on earth with them (We don't go to heaven, Jesus comes to earth).

If it is the second part... Well I have no advice. Knowing God, seeing God in all things is kind of tricky. It usually takes a bit of time and experience to get the feeling that there is a God.

Please do not confuse 'Christianity' with God. The two are exclusive of one another.

There are many, many paths to God/Deity/Allah/Gaea - whatever name you want to give to the Supreme Being(s). Christianity may not be your path. That is ok. God still loves you.Xyxwave

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Why are you agnostic?

Is it because the way Christians have treated you and the behaviors they seem to enjoy? Or do you truly not know there is a higher power/God?

If its the first part, I assure you, many so called Christians are in for a very rude awaking come the final trump. Not only will they discover that they have spent all that time in hell (the grave) and didn't go directly to heaven, did not collect $200.00, they are also going to discover that damnation is reserved for very few humans and nearly every homosexual, bi-sexual and everyone else they were opposed to in life is going to be there on earth with them (We don't go to heaven, Jesus comes to earth).

If it is the second part... Well I have no advice. Knowing God, seeing God in all things is kind of tricky. It usually takes a bit of time and experience to get the feeling that there is a God.

Please do not confuse 'Christianity' with God. The two are exclusive of one another.

There are many, many paths to God/Deity/Allah/Gaea - whatever name you want to give to the Supreme Being(s). Christianity may not be your path. That is ok. God still loves you.Xyxwave

Thanks, but I am now an atheist. I just gave up on religion.

gilhooly Wrote:Agnostics say "I don't know" and sound like assholes to talk to.

I'm agnostic. Keep your insults to yourself, please.

Jesus hung out with 12 flaky guys who never workedfor a living.

Physician, fishermen, tax collector . . . Never worked, huh? Rolleyes

My mom knows my (not-so) religion now. She's actually okay with it. I think I even had her question her own beliefs, as she said "I'm not sure what I believe in now."