Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay: Biologically Abnormal?
Please if you are reading this, do not get offended. This is just a scientific approach of reasoning. I would like to know your thoughts on this; just reply.

According to the theories of evolution and natural selection, certain traits of organisms survive and are inherited by the organisms of the next generation.
If biologically, the purpose of life is to survive and reproduce, then isn't homosexuality in organisms an anomaly?

I belive that being Gay is natural cos if every body had sex and prodused a chile the world would explode. There are other species where gay sexuality occurs!!!:eek:

m.nd Wrote:Please if you are reading this, do not get offended. This is just a scientific approach of reasoning. I would like to know your thoughts on this; just reply.

According to the theories of evolution and natural selection, certain traits of organisms survive and are inherited by the organisms of the next generation.
If biologically, the purpose of life is to survive and reproduce, then isn't homosexuality in organisms an anomaly?

According to what you mention above straight people that are sterile and can't reproduce are also abnormal.
It is how one choses to see things and in fact most scientific theories contradict each other. Not so many years ago homosexuality was thought to be a mental condition that was curable with drugs that basically make you sleep all day and reduce your desire for sex making you feel ill and thus unhappy for obvious reasons. Now its considered as perfectly normal and acceptable. We are not all the same anyway.

Homosexuality is most likely to be a combination of nature and nurture. To me is a matter of taste. However i ll advice you not to try to find answers in books and in what other people think just let your hair down and enjoy life.

fabolicious Wrote:I belive that being Gay is natural cos if every body had sex and prodused a chile the world would explode. There are other species where gay sexuality occurs!!!:eek:

You didn't understand my question. My question is not whether homosexuality is natural, it is whether homosexuality is biologically abnormal.
There is a great difference if you cannot tell.
I also know that there are other species other than the human species where homosexuality occurs and that is why I used the word "organism". You surely did not understand what I was talking about.

Dude u are asking question which scientist have not yet able to answer themselves or have come to any evident conclusion. I suggest u forget Darwins theory of natural selection and evolution and live ur life to the fullest.

feelmychampagne Wrote:Dude u are asking question which scientist have not yet able to answer themselves or have come to any evident conclusion. I suggest u forget Darwins theory of natural selection and evolution and live ur life to the fullest.

I should let you know that I live my life to the fullest. And by doing that I don't live in ignorance. This is just a discussion.

m.nd Wrote:I should let you know that I live my life to the fullest. And by doing that I don't live in ignorance. This is just a discussion.

goodboyYlsuper Ylsuper Ylsuper Ylsuper

m.nd - Please do not irritate other members of this community after joining so soon. your last 2 responses can be taken in the wrong context quite easily.

Perhaps if you re-word your question it should generate the answers and replies you are searching for.

ashleo78 Wrote:m.nd - Please do not irritate other members of this community after joining so soon. your last 2 responses can be taken in the wrong context quite easily.

Perhaps if you re-word your question it should generate the answers and replies you are searching for.

I am sure I have not irritated anybody. My responses are not irritating at all. Can you please point out what exactly is irritating in my responses? I will appreciate that.

And my question is perfectly worded. If you are not science-inclined please do not attempt to answer or even read the question.
Thank you.

Hmm In all honestly I can see how this question could offend but I dont think he meant it in that way.

I guess in that theory yes, but then people which cant have children it is the same thing.

Obviously not everyone can be gay as the world as we know it would stop, and in a way I think well im not sure. People are allowed to follow their hearts and love who they want. Confusedmile:
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]