Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay Christians Friends?
Hey I have a gay christian friend who knows a lot of stuff about the bible and the Illuminati and a lot of obscure stuff at first I didn't like what he told me because I was young and I wanted to party and stuff and I thought what he was saying was kind of a downer but I kept on listening but I kind of forgot what he was talking about but he must have said something to peak my interest because he got me into stuff like secret societies and a bunch of these obscure stuff I never knew even existed. Well today he's a close friend even though he says he doesn't like being gay and wants to be asexual. Well also he's not really a Christian he's a seventh day adventist.
Another gay Christian friend I have is a little different he's way older but I find it odd that he likes to fool around a lot I met him at a park where we talked about the bible and stuff. He has a lot to say about everything its always something positive too.
Well just wondering if u have any gay Christian friends. And your experiences with them and no drama please~

Can't say that I do, IRL, at least not at the moment. I've known a couple ex-Catholic priests who still identified as Catholic.

I was very "Christian" as a kid growing up… carried a red letter New Testament with me everywhere I went. Then, when I was 12, the church burned to the ground just hours before I was to have been baptized. After that things got a bit more strange -- but they'd always *been* strange in my mind. That is to say, as a child I had a lot of mystical visions of various sorts -- and that's a lot of why the New Testament interested me so much. What it said to me as I read it was kind of different than what it seemed to say to other people. I could never quite figure that out. Anyway, when I saw the church burning I had the clear impression that "God" (or "providence" or whatever) was sending me a clear message: "This isn't your path". In retrospect that was probably just my active imagination but, what ever, from that point on I began to think about religion outside the confines of Christianity.

By high school I'd begun looking into other religions like Buddhism and Zen Buddhism in particular. Then at age 18-19 I had my first psychedelic experiences and that confirmed what I'd "known" as a child -- that reality is WAY stranger than we know -- that human potential is WAY beyond what we think -- and mostly not what religious people think.

So, at this point, I look at religion (any religion) as a rather narrow way of thinking that is inevitably constricted by its own symbols. They can be useful so long as they're not taken *literally* as accurate representations of reality.

My ex boyfriend is a catholic practicant, conservative and deeply religious but not proselyt at all and respectuous about others' ways of life, religions and faiths... He is well balanced and he has no problem at being gay. We're still good friends.

In the past I used to have a lesbian friend of mine who was a former nun, and an other ex boyfriend who was -and still- an abbot... (one day, by happenstance I attended a mass he was officiating... That was too weird, so I didn't take the host).

Well.....I do have Christian friends who are gay and I have no problem as long as they are respectful of who I am and don't think they have "the truth" for anyone but themselves.....

A belief is not "the truth"...it is a belief. For me..for you..for everyone. If you believe it is the truth...then it ...IS... "the truth"...for you. When you decide it is "the truth" for everyone else as well...EEK. People who think their belief is the absolute truth annoy me and for that reason most organized religion annoys me..or makes me angry when they try to legislate it or force it on other people.

I am a pagan...and I don't even define God for myself.,..much less anyone else. If I was forced to define God...I would choose Mother Nature...Mother Earth. She is essentially "God" to everything and everyone on the planet....but I think the concept of God is more than I can understand so I leave it open. I love my spirituality to be open and free so I can experience alot of different things. I have alot of different influences...Wicca...Eastern Philosophy (Taoist/Buddhist)....Modern Panthiest...New Age.....Atlantean Prophecy....lots more...I even like Jesus Christ but I see him as the ultimate and coolest hippie...ever....

I think the Universe is a big place and for me...I don't include fear/punishment in my idea of God or my spirituality...

So...If/when a Christian can accept my POV and respect that it is my POV...I absolutely can return the favor.....

I'm a progressive Christian (Episcopalian) and met my BF of 11+ years in church. We have many friends in and out of the church. Maybe our denom is weird, but there is very little that is not okay to question or interpret in ways that work for you. I think part of that is because a lot things are decided by consensus... we elect our leadership up to an including the Presiding Bishop and the church's stance on social issues is shaped by surveys, theological studies, etc. It is not perfect, and we definitely have some people who are very assured of their own opinions, but in general it is a pretty inclusive atmosphere, including of people who don't believe or are just unsure what to think.

I come from a very religious area, like there were more churches than schools. I went to pretty strict protestant schools where everything about the bible was forced into us (learn texts from the bible by heart, pray before and after school, pray for lunch, sing religious songs, etc.), everyone was too scared to question anything as that would be punished by going to hell. I realised that basically everyone around me just took it as it was given to them, but it pretty much did the opposite to me.
After a few years of being extremely anti-religious I did become more interested in everything, probably because it felt more voluntarily. I've been taking notes while reading the bible, went to talk to people in churches, but I'm also reading into other religions like Islam and Buddhism. I haven't figured it all out yet, but I do think that every religion has something good in it and if people find happiness in their perception of religion then that is great. Its just hard to look further than all the extremists and stereotypes I guess.

*Thinks for a long time, trying to figure it out and finally shrugs.*

I know that some of my friends have religion of one type or another. Catholic. Christian. Pagan. etc.

But to be honest? I couldn't tell you what -any- of them actually have as their faith. I just don't/didn't care, and clearly they must not have had an issue with that.