Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay Malaysian Pastor to Tie the Knot with his Partner
Gay Malaysian pastor to tie the knot with his partner

KUALA LUMPUR: A Malaysian self-confessed gay pastor is to marry his African-American partner soon.

Press reports stated that Rev Ou Yang Wen Feng (pic) was likely to wed the Broadway musical producer by the end of the month or early September with ceremonies planned in New York and Malaysia.

Ou Yang told AFP in an interview in Hong Kong that his partner had popped the question on June 26, two days after New York City legalised same-sex marriages.

“He went to a church and wrote a song for me. He proposed at the end of the song in public,” the 41-year-old pastor said.

Ou Yang, who now serves at the Metropolitan Community Church (MCC) in New York, urged gay men and women to speak out to “break the vicious cycle” and help fight misconceptions about the gay community.

According to the MCC homepage, the church is part of an international movement of Christian churches reaching out to all, including homosexuals, bisexuals and transsexuals.

“When society discriminates against gay people, you only push gay people into the closet,” Ou Yang said.

Ou Yang’s “coming out” took place in 2006 when he published the story of his decision to make public his sexual orientation, after a nine-year marriage to his now ex-wife, whom he described as an “angel“.

“She asked for a divorce, and this is the biggest gift she could ever give me, she set me free. I owe her big time,” said the pastor who grew up in a conservative Christian family.

Several netizens praised Ou Yang, who has tattoos on his shoulder and arm, as the “most trendy pastor”. They said they had not spotted other pastors wearing ear-rings.

Some said he looked like Hong Kong actor David Wu and Chinese actor Chang Chen.

Ou Yang, a former columnist with Sin Chew Daily, said Kuala Lumpur was “growing and developing” with Sunday services and bible studies.

Ou Yang’s best friend, known only as Joe, was quoted by Guang Ming Daily as saying that he was happy for the couple.

* I can't post the link to this news as I still haven't reached 50 posts.

http://newsmalaysia.info/malaysia-top-st...rtner.html

Brave man Smile

yes very braveSmile

i adore him already, this is not just for him but for the next generation Smile i wish Philippines would be next!

Update:

No Way to Gay’s Big Day, Say Pastors

PETALING JAYA: Several pastors have condemned their gay counterpart Rev Ou Yang Wen Feng’s upcoming marriage and want the authorities to ensure he does not hold a wedding reception in Malaysia.

His planned nuptials to African-American partner Phineas Newborn III in New York had aroused a lot of curiosity amongst the youths, they said, and if left unchecked, would lead to a “morally-bankrupt” society.

The 41-year-old pastor and his 47-year-old partner, a Broadway musical producer, planned to have a Chinese wedding banquet and a traditional tea ceremony in Kuala Lumpur after their marriage in New York at the end of the month.

Grace Assembly Klang Pastor Kam Sian Yee said Ou Yang’s “unnatural sexual behaviour” had flouted many warnings against homosexuality in the Bible.

“His behaviour is not only abnormal, it is a sin in Chris*tianity,” Kam said, adding that he had received several complaints from church members.

“We love Ou Yang and hope he will repent,” he added.

Puchong Joy Charismatic Centre Pastor Tang Chee Sing urged Ou Yang to “return to the right path”.

“Homosexual parents would bring up their children to think that their behaviour is normal.

“This trend cannot go on,” he said, stressing that same-sex marriages were a sin despite this being legalised in several American states recently.

“We do not recognise him as a pastor,” he said at a press conference hosted by Selangor MCA Public Complaints Bureau chief Datuk Theng Book yesterday.

Theng said he had received complaints from several Christians who worried that society would think that the church condoned gay marriages and homosexuality.

P/S: Again. I can't post the source's link.

I'm sure a Google search will find it, Jay. Wink