Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay Prisoners vs Inmates
As I was surfing the internet, I came along this site "Male Prison Rape" and I got depressed. One of the many documentaries there were by gay inmates constantly and brutally raped. I can't imagine this is happening. And it has also been the first time i've heard about the "don't drop the soap" comment. I can't imagine how the prisoners especially gay prisoners go thru each day.

How can they fight these? seems like the gov't. isn't that cooperative in fighting this. i remember i had a cousin who spent about 10 years in prison and when he came out from jail, his brain got twisted. he was like crazy and had behavioral problems. he died because of ulcer infection, he did not ate for days.....

i'm just so depress right now that there are things like this that are happening.

afaik here in germany gay inmates have a right to get a single cell - when and where it is possible.
And we have some gay-organisations which are for gay prison inmates....

But i think too ...it must be very hard....

It is an unfortunate part of the prison system, not enough done about it. Here is Las Cruces nm they jus put a man away that was in prison for rape and raped his cellmate 11 times and then 1 other, he is going to court on 12 counts and is now removed from other inmates. As far as I know the victims were straight, james
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

It seems as though there are a lot of people who fall through the cracks in various systems. A lot of times it seems to be the people who need the most help.

I've never stopped to think about what it would be like to be a gay man in the prison system, but The Virgin's statements have made me think about it now. Yes, it is sad, and perhaps it's something that we as a community could come together to change.

The Virgin Wrote:As I was surfing the internet, I came along this site "Male Prison Rape" and I got depressed. One of the many documentaries there were by gay inmates constantly and brutally raped. I can't imagine this is happening. And it has also been the first time i've heard about the "don't drop the soap" comment. I can't imagine how the prisoners especially gay prisoners go thru each day.

How can they fight these? seems like the gov't. isn't that cooperative in fighting this. i remember i had a cousin who spent about 10 years in prison and when he came out from jail, his brain got twisted. he was like crazy and had behavioral problems. he died because of ulcer infection, he did not ate for days.....

i'm just so depress right now that there are things like this that are happening.

That's the reality since many male prisons are sex starved. Because they where prisoned for many years. Here some information about Male Rape in U.S. prisons --> www dot hrw dot org/legacy/reports/2001/prison/]No Escape: Male Rape in U.S. Prisons

Note:Change the dot word to period sign. Big Grin

i dont EVER EVER wanna go to prison:frown:

The unfortunate truth is that in most prison systems, outside of overt and organized violence, a lot of prisoner-on-prisoner violence is overlooked by prison authorities, having just been assumed to be part of the punishment. This dehumanization of prisoners can be seen as far back as the Roman Empire, where they used to place their most savage prisoners on a guarded island and just let them abuse and kill each other to cull their numbers. Some 3rd world countries run prisons where this kind of cart-blanc inmate abuse still happens. I often wonder if it would be more merciful to widen the use of the death sentence for the most brutal of criminals.

I've heard that there are prisons who has like a separate cells for gays/transexuals to keep them away from the majority of the population. i think it's a good start. But i really pity those prisoners who have been into these challenges. Traumatized everyday and sexually abused by numbers of inmates. One story i've read even suggested that he was raped and wardens just passed by, acting as if nothing happened.. It is really a scary thought...

I was in prison for three years and I never let on that I was bisexual. I have always been uncomfortable showering with other guys, not because I had any embarrassment about my body, but because I was afraid that I would get an erection or that I would get clocked staring at another man's penis. My cell door window looked directly down on the shower room and at certain times my little window was my favorite place to be. I remember one time I happened on this gay man who was being mounted and I understood that it was mutual because he looked up at me and smiled a smile one knew meant Roflmao. I was so jealous. But, I never let on. A couple of weeks after that he was rapped by three guys in a stair well.

oh my God.. stephanie are you serious? you've been to Jail? i hope you weren't one of those victims.... before, i always thought that prison rape is just a hype that the media is trying to exagerate. but hearing and reading a lot of documentaries about it, it bugs me to hell. it's like torturing everyday the poor lives of those inmates.