Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay Writer/Producer/Director
In the past (up until about one year ago) when I watched movies - usually DVD's - I seemed to have always gravitated towards the main stream movie genre.
Thankfully I got out of that rut !
How?

By 'accident/chance/coincidence' I discovered some really great gay movies; but more importantly, I became acquainted with (and now immensely enjoy) the movies by Writer/Director/Producer Casper Andreas.

Casper is probably one of the best gay writers, producers, and directors curently in the U.S.A. I would like to say, "the very best" - but I will let you decide.
When you get a chance, watch all of his movies.
A few of my favorites:

A Slutty Summer - a great comedy !
Between Love and Goodbye - serious, heartwarming, and "gut-wrenching" - (not for anyone who cannot cope with serious emotions or is determined to watch only "happy" films).
A Big Gay Musical - his latest release.

New films coming:
Violet Tendencies - currently being shown at Reviews
Going Down In La La Land (in post production stages).

Why do I like Casper's films?
Several reasons - and each reason is as important as the other.
1) He makes a movie that is of extremely high quality in all fields: Script, Acting, Sound, Editing - you name it, his work shines through with PROFESSIONALISM.
2) Ever watch a movie - and in several places if indeed not all the way through it - the sound (voices) are either so loud you can't stand it, or, just right at one moment then soooooo loooooow the next minute you must trun up the volume on your DVD PLAYER/TV in order to "almost hear" what is being said ?
[Casper NEVER falls into this "trap".
3) Casper makes movies on a very limited budget, yet his works are far superior to those of most other movie producers - who spend upwards of several million dollars on each movie.

Don't take my word for it. Next time you really want to see a GREAT GAY MOVIE - whether it be a musical, comedy, or serious drama, rent or buy one of Casper's DVD's.

DJ
Cool

Can't say I ever have seen one of his. I'll check one out maybe show it at the center on movie night, thanks, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

PA and I thoroughly enjoyed the Big Gay Musical. Some very clever dialogue and a brave secular stance. I'd recommend that one too. Xyxthumbs