Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay 'holding hands in public' campaign goes monthly
sox-and-the-city Wrote:I resent hand holding particularly because it IS so innocuous, it's a tepid expression of emotion at best, so why bother with it??

Because I am English! Tepid emotions are amongst the pantheon of high virtue for us. Wink
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

marshlander Wrote:That's good, because for a moment there ... Wink

I'd like to point out that i was using the word 'you' in the general sense.

fredv3b Wrote:Because I am English! Tepid emotions are amongst the pantheon of high virtue for us. Wink

But still, public displays of emotion are not proper by any means. And, as i'm sure you'll agree, to an Englishman there can be no questioning the sovereign importance of propriety.

sox-and-the-city Wrote:I'd like to point out that i was using the word 'you' in the general sense.
Thank you, sox, and that was what I understood.

sox-and-the-city Wrote:But still, public displays of emotion are not proper by any means. And, as i'm sure you'll agree, to an Englishman there can be no questioning the sovereign importance of propriety.

I totally agree with the latter, but not the former.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

I have no problem at all with PDA, my general philosophy of life is if it doesn't affect me I don't care, and if two people show there affection that doesn't affect me so I don't care. What I do care about is those two peoples' right to express themselves however they like, no matter who they are.

I went to Blackpool and held hands with my boyfriend and no one said oat.

However in places like Doni and Sheffield, people look at you like your just weird and should be shot on site lol.