Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay on homophobe violence?
Does it even exist? You hear about anti-lgbt violence, gay hate, etc all the time, but NEVER hear about gay on homophobe violence. Why is this? How can people actively hate things that don't ever fight back? That's like hitting bunnies or something.

Buffylo Wrote:... That's like hating bunnies or something.
you stereotype a lot?

pellaz Wrote:you stereotype a lot?

You see a lot of aggressive bunnies?

It happens, but I think it's extremely rare. I think someone gay is much more likely (statistically speaking) to act out against a lover/ex-lover than a homophobe because there's just a certain resignation about the latter. Granted, I have yet to hear of gays pulling a Matthew Shepherd on anyone, all the violence against homophobes was started by the homophobes themselves and their victims (either threatened or later in revenge) not only retaliated but escalated the violence. That would mean it's not a hate crime as it's not meant to terrify the straight community into silence or submission but rather a personal matter (ie, the homophobe bashed wasn't bashed for being straight or even just expressing disapproval of gays but because of personal actions).

Some gay bashers are cowardly sadists who see gays as easy, low-risk victims.

There are also a few who hate gays for having been molested by someone of the same gender as a child (though I met one on the internet who claimed to bash gays because of having been molested by a man when he was a boy, but he refused to answer me when I asked him how understanding he'd be if some woman stabbed or pepper sprayed or did even worse to him because she'd been molested by a man when she was growing up and he was a man so therefore a pedophile, and btw, I have met a couple of women who believe all men are pedophiles).

But I think the most who attack gays, and certainly most of those who approve of those who do, believe that gays are evil and vicious, particularly to children (and who doesn't hate those who harm children?), because of both religious texts and modern propaganda. For an example of religious texts, see Romans 1, particularly how those who are gay are also filled with things like murder, maliciousness, deceit, and unmerciful. Of course it's stupid and I even know children who know the Bible is simply wrong there, no ifs, ands, or buts, but too many people take a perverse pride in letting the Bible overcome reason (some even publicly advertise with bumper stickers that say, "God says it, I believe it, that settles it"). And then there's modern propaganda like this:

I first learned of this because a guy who went to the same shooting range I did (who believed I was a heterosexual Christian simply because he had this baffling notion that only a heterosexual Christian would support the 2A) who warned me to be ready to defend myself from lesbian rapists with lethal force, especially the Pink Pistols. Given that I AM a Pink Pistol (or at least was, I haven't met with any other PP in years, and ETA: btw, most PP are men, not women) I very cautiously asked what was wrong with the Pink Pistols (not letting him know I am one) and he explained this FAUX News BS. Ironically, most women who actually carry pink pistols (and other pink guns) are STRAIGHT, not lesbian, which I told him but I doubt he believed me over FOX. Being a devout evangelical Christian he believed Romans 1 and believed all Christians needed to arm themselves against the gay menace (he about said that outright).

After having seen that very sad FAUX News BS on "lesbian gangs" (and imagine over a hundred lesbian gangs in one city alone, and several cities are supposed to be like that...) you might find the lesbian mockery of the segment here to be much needed comic relief:

http://www.afterellen.com/blog/sarahwarn...er-america

And yeah, most of it is a lie. I vaguely recall that one part was true about some lesbians who attacked a man but they left out the part that he had threatened and verbally assaulted them before they attacked him. The rest of it is footage that had nothing to do with what they were reporting and outright lies. They'd later issue an apology to the Pink Pistols and while the PP are officially satisfied with the 2nd apology, I am not, and more importantly so many homophobes don't pay attention to the apology (which even if they know about they see as FOX bowing to political correctness to avoid a law suit, not that the apology was deserved) but rather the lies that we are dangerous to them and out to rape & convert their children (which those who believe Romans 1 is the literal word of God also find convenient to believe). So in the minds of many we're not harmless little fluff bunnies at all, but rather rabid dogs that need to be put down.

Though i haven't heard of such happening; it's not exactly impossible is it?
Far from impossible, i'd say.

Though homophobes like to play the victim card in political things like same-sex marriage an awful lot.
Saying that GLBT people are a tyrannical minority that want to force acceptance on everyone else.
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Pix Wrote:It happens, but I think it's extremely rare. I think someone gay is much more likely (statistically speaking) to act out against a lover/ex-lover than a homophobe because there's just a certain resignation about the latter. Granted, I have yet to hear of gays pulling a Matthew Shepherd on anyone, all the violence against homophobes was started by the homophobes themselves and their victims (either threatened or later in revenge) not only retaliated but escalated the violence. That would mean it's not a hate crime as it's not meant to terrify the straight community into silence or submission but rather a personal matter (ie, the homophobe bashed wasn't bashed for being straight or even just expressing disapproval of gays but because of personal actions).

Some gay bashers are cowardly sadists who see gays as easy, low-risk victims.

There are also a few who hate gays for having been molested by someone of the same gender as a child (though I met one on the internet who claimed to bash gays because of having been molested by a man when he was a boy, but he refused to answer me when I asked him how understanding he'd be if some woman stabbed or pepper sprayed or did even worse to him because she'd been molested by a man when she was growing up and he was a man so therefore a pedophile, and btw, I have met a couple of women who believe all men are pedophiles).

But I think the most who attack gays, and certainly most of those who approve of those who do, believe that gays are evil and vicious, particularly to children (and who doesn't hate those who harm children?), because of both religious texts and modern propaganda. For an example of religious texts, see Romans 1, particularly how those who are gay are also filled with things like murder, maliciousness, deceit, and unmerciful. Of course it's stupid and I even know children who know the Bible is simply wrong there, no ifs, ands, or buts, but too many people take a perverse pride in letting the Bible overcome reason (some even publicly advertise with bumper stickers that say, "God says it, I believe it, that settles it"). And then there's modern propaganda like this:

I first learned of this because a guy who went to the same shooting range I did (who believed I was a heterosexual Christian simply because he had this baffling notion that only a heterosexual Christian would support the 2A) who warned me to be ready to defend myself from lesbian rapists with lethal force, especially the Pink Pistols. Given that I AM a Pink Pistol (or at least was, I haven't met with any other PP in years) I very cautiously asked what was wrong with the Pink Pistols (not letting him know I am one) and he explained this FAUX News BS. Ironically, most women who actually carry pink pistols (and other pink guns) are STRAIGHT, not lesbian, which I told him but I doubt he believed me over FOX. Being a devout evangelical Christian he believed Romans 1 and believed all gays needed to arm themselves against the gay menace (he about said that outright).

After having seen that very sad FAUX News BS on "lesbian gangs" (and imagine over a hundred lesbian gangs in one city alone, and several cities are supposed to be like that...) you might find the lesbian mockery of the segment here to be much needed comic relief:

http://www.afterellen.com/blog/sarahwarn...er-america

And yeah, most of it is a lie. I vaguely recall that one part was true about some lesbians who attacked a man but they left out the part that he had threatened and verbally assaulted them before they attacked him. The rest of it is footage that had nothing to do with what they were reporting and outright lies. They'd later issue an apology to the Pink Pistols and while the PP are officially satisfied with the 2nd apology, I am not, and more importantly so many homophobes don't pay attention to the apology (which even if they know about they see as FOX bowing to political correctness to avoid a law suit, not that the apology was deserved) but rather the lies that we are dangerous to them and out to rape & convert their children (which those who believe Romans 1 is the literal word of God also find convenient to believe). So in the minds of many we're not harmless little fluff bunnies at all.

I really hate Fox "news".
I also can't believe how many defend it as trustworthy and unbiased. Normally adding that it's the only trustworthy source of news because of the other news networks are a part of the liberal media and Hollywood.:frown:

Genersis Wrote:I really hate for "news".
I also can't believe how many defend it as trustworthy and unbiased. Normally adding that it's the only trustworthy source of news because of the other news networks are a part of the liberal media and Hollywood.:frown:

The only trustworthy and unbiased source of news is your own eyes. The people who defend any form of media as 100% unbiased normally only do that because their views align with that of the source.

Does it even exist? YES

I guess I am the exception.....I fought back ...alot...I have shared the stories here on GS many times in the past.

Buffylo Wrote:The only trustworthy and unbiased source of news is your own eyes. The people who defend any form of media as 100% unbiased normally only do that because their views align with that of the source.

Definitely seems like it.

I saw a lesbian beat up a homophobic politican on Croatian TV but I can't post links yet.
She slapped her and flipped her chair over and slapped her some more....it was kind of cool...