Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gays who sleep with the opposite sex
MikeW Wrote:...Many...couldn't wrap their head around it, for understandable reasons. Many gay men can't grasp it either.

Perks of a emotional maturity.
Beautiful post (as usual).
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

Slept with a guy at a party...many possible reasons.

One, she gave him pity sex or was on some really good drugs that made her especially affectionate, which he exploited and she went along with.

Two, she didn't. The person who told you she did is lying or has been lied to. (I'm going to skip a much darker possibility here.)

Three, she's actually bi who identifies as lesbian because she "leans that way" and bisexuals are pressured to "choose rather than sit on the fence" (silly demand).

Four, there was some scheme or business arrangement going on here, or possibly blackmail on the guy's part (or possibly a favor to his sister whom she's in love with, etc), or even some revenge being worked out here. Again, going to ignore the much darker possibility.

Five, it was a fluke. About everyone I know, regardless of sexuality, seems to have had at least a single one night stand that went against their orientation, and even flings don't seem to be that uncommon. I think the strangest one I heard of was a lesbian who was gold star (never been with a man, never attracted to one) who one day in her late 20s (IIRC) fell head over heels for a guy. He treated her like crap and dumped her and she went back to women. Though she's never been attracted to another man she calls herself bi now...but I disagree personally. Flukes happen.

Btw, this lesbian sings a response to Katy Perry's I Kissed a Girl (from the point of view of the girl "Katy Perry kissed"):

JimmyEcho Wrote:People label to identify. People get all worked up went they are labeled.
Some people don't want to admit what they're labeled as.
O.K. lets just put it this way then. No You are not BI sexual, FINE.

Your just doing a BI sexual act. Your doing what people label as Bi sexual, both genders.
You might not feel that you are Bi sexual, and strongly deny it. However, your still doing a bi sexual act. If you want to change that meaning because Even though you slept with a woman or man, YOU still feel you are only gay, that's fine. But the act itself is still classified as BI sexual.

The obsession many people have for labeling other people according to their consensual sex acts boggles my brain.

What does it matter to you if you how other people label or don't label themselves? What business is it of yours what any two consenting adults do and why do any of you need to label people differently than they label themselves? Who appointed any of you to be the label nazis ?

Aren't there more constructive uses for brains than things like this?

^labels are for others and rarely reflect the actions, behaviors, thoughts and desires of the person being labeled. They serve to benefit other people more so they know how to interact with you, aka prejudge you and put you in a box. They are outdated bs.

In agreement with Uneunsae. I tend to see orientation as a description of who you fall in love with romantically AND who you are attracted to physically.

BUT, I also can take into account that most people won't do something sexual with someone unless they like something about that person or the situation and that can be a contributing factor in orientation.

I could easily be one of those people who identifies as straight and then piss everyone off and confuse the whole mess by still doing stuff with guys and using some ridiculous excuse as if to prove doing something sexual with a guy doesn't interest me and that I really only do like women, but that would be a lie since to me messing around with a guy is at least fun and interesting even if I'm not really all that sexually aroused by most guys in general. It really all boils down to the person for me anyway. At the end of the day, I wouldn't do anything with anyone unless I was attracted to the person and the personality first .

I think many people will discover that about themselves if they take a step back from all these ridiculous labels and the baggage and expectations they carry. Just be honest with yourself and with others.

I know there is one other thread where this same issue is being discussed now and maybe a total two more.

I know my views on this are the unpopular ones but... there's no relation between what's popular and what's right... and guys be honest... labeling people like this isn't right on any level when you think about.

memechose Wrote:The obsession many people have for labeling other people according to their consensual sex acts boggles my brain.

What does it matter to you if you how other people label or don't label themselves? What business is it of yours what any two consenting adults do and why do any of you need to label people differently than they label themselves? Who appointed any of you to be the label nazis ?

Aren't there more constructive uses for brains than things like this?

Memechose, I really don't care what anyone is. Just saying that the act in itself is the label.
Talk about Labeling.
White collar-- Blue collar
Lower class-- middle class---upper class
She's a bitch----He's an asshole.
It's in everyday life. I guess we all have to deal with it.

JimmyEcho Wrote:Memechose, I really don't care what anyone is. Just saying that the act in itself is the label.
Talk about Labeling.
White collar-- Blue collar
Lower class-- middle class---upper class
She's a bitch----He's an asshole.
It's in everyday life. I guess we all have to deal with it.

As I've tried to make clear in the past --- I really have issue s about painting sexuality as black white and one shade of gray in the middle and expecting everyone to fit into those neat but irrational boxes. Honestly, to me it's almost like intruding into someone else's life and imposing values that aren't theirs and totally ignoring their views on THEIR sexuality.... It's all about understanding.... which I did a thread on earlier this week...

Please read these 70 words on understanding and see what no one is doing in this conversation
http://gayspeak.com/showthread.php?t=32622

My issue with sexual orientation labels is defining who you are as a person by them. The stigmas associated with these things are for the most part negative. Thanks to society and all the bs stereotypes that people love to perpetuate and adhere to like a life preserver, they tend to do more harm than good imo.

Far too often I see people being consumed and controlled by their label, then that label defines who they are as a person and dictates their view of the world, their life and everything they do becomes centered around that oh so sacred label. Sex and romance is simply ONE aspect of who we are as individuals, it should never completely define us as a whole.

ETOTE Wrote:My issue with sexual orientation labels is defining who you are as a person by them. The stigmas associated with these things are for the most part negative. Thanks to society and all the bs stereotypes that people love to perpetuate and adhere to like a life preserver, they tend to do more harm than good imo.

Far too often I see people being consumed and controlled by their label, then that label defines who they are as a person and dictates their view of the world, their life and everything they do becomes centered around that oh so sacred label. Sex and romance is simply ONE aspect of who we are as individuals, it should never completely define us as a whole.

Amen!
You are right on target Etote!