Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gifts, presents and other donations
Andy Wrote:There's some herbal drops you can get from Holland & Barratt - they're a bit expensive at about £8-10. They've meant to help you digest dairy if you're intolerant. Haven't tried them yet but they sound quite good. Also, Lacto-Free has launched a range of cheeses (chedder/soft etc) with the lactose taken out. (tastes exactly like the real thing as it's only the lactose they've removed) They also do milk with the lactose taken out but it's a bit expensive as well! Cry

Nah, I usually make curry a couple of times a week! :biggrin: (about twice) There was a thing in the news recently that said turmeric actually prevents/delays developing Altzheimers/Senile Dementia in old age! Wink

We love turmeric and use it often... Love the colour.

Andy Wrote:Also, Lacto-Free has launched a range of cheeses (chedder/soft etc) with the lactose taken out. (tastes exactly like the real thing as it's only the lactose they've removed) They also do milk with the lactose taken out but it's a bit expensive as well! Cry

The lactose-Free stuff I tend to really dislike. I find even though its mean't to taste the same it doesn't? Sad Like milk never ever tastes the same when theres no lactose! :confused:

I can handle a small amount now and again - But not much at all.. Its kinda something I've gotten used to as bad as it sounds? :S Lol.
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

It doesn't sound bad, what's worse is what it does to your body, apparently.. Those pains can't be helpful at all. The human body isn't really adapted to eating cow's milk, anyway;
Some say that it's best to refrain from cow's milk altogether to avoid arthritic pains etc... Ewe's and goat's milk are better tolerated, as they are closer in formula to human milk.

See I had been a HUGE milk drinker until 17/18? Then one day it just hurt and there was no explanation of why it happened :S. I think it had something to do with medication I had to take as that was semi perm and it changed my body A LOT. (Also left with bad scars but thats another issue).

Anyway yeh I think thats when it started - I miss things like.. Ice cream.. Normal chocolate.. Cheese!.. Cereal.. Milk - I know theres alternatives.. but when you haven't had the specific thing for years nothing compares Tongue
[/COLOR]

Normal chocolate (that doesn't need to have milk products in it at all) is basically made from cocoa mass, the chocolatey taste, and cocoa butter and any amount of sugar. It does not contain any milk, but I guess you are referring to the kind of tablets you find commonly in the UK which do contain milk... and quite a lot of sugar. Have you tried 99% cocoa chocolate? It's very strong tasting and one square will fill you up.

I only like milk chocolate Sad
[/COLOR]

I sometimes drink like 2 pints of milk a day is that bad for me? I dont eat chocolate as i just dont like it!! I only eat it for a pick me up if i am doing a lot of physical activity with work otherwise i wont eat it. And andy is on the right track with a curry Tongue you cant beat a good curry. I also heard that two cups of coffee a day can help stop you getting alzheimers. But 2 cups of coffee makes you medically 'stoned' 8 should bring on D & V and 12 should kill you. well thats if you drink them straight after each other. I just realised how of the subject this thread has become Tongue

x